Gas engineer with electrofusion capability to assist with a low pressure installation | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas engineer with electrofusion capability to assist with a low pressure installation in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mochapot

I am trying to arrange for the installation of a new gas supply to a house on an agricultural property. I have got National Grid to install a boundary meter and have had a design done for a low pressure gas pipe to be run about 400m to the house. This polyethylene supply pipe from boundary meter to house will remain privately-owned. We have our own excavators and dumpers so we are digging the trench, we will purchase the pipes and joints and our plumber will perform the copper work inside the house. I am looking for a GasSafe-registered person to work with my team to install the polyethylene pipe. All we need is for somebody to perform those parts of the installation that relate specifically to the gas components, which means the electrofusion jointing working, the installation of an appropriate plastic to copper conversion with shutoff valve prior to entry into the house, then purging (system volume of 13 cubic metres), testing and commissioning of the pipe. What we can't afford is to retain a UIP who will want to do everything, using all their own staff and equipment, plus supplying all the parts. While the installation obviously needs to comply with all necessary regulations, it won't be adopted by a utility. We are therefore looking for an individual or small company to work with us and supply only those services we can't perform ourselves. Does anybody have any suggestions about how we identify suitable people to work with?

Re: Gas engineer with electrofusion capability to assist with a low pressure installa

Is that system volume of 13 cu mtr correct, that would make it 180mm pipe?

Re: Gas engineer with electrofusion capability to assist with a low pressure installa

national grid

Could you not have got Oil instead ? sounds like a massive expense

Where are you ??

Heat Pump

Biomass

Bonfire?

I'd do it for a few K, if you're near Edinburgh :D

I was thinking that.

We took advantage of the subsidised domestic connections provisions to get a boundary meter installed for under £300. With a downstream supply pressure of 21mbar at the meter, ensuring 20mbar at the house requires large diameter pipes. The main section of this will be 125mm, with a few branches of lesser diameter for potential future uses, which produces total system volume of 13 cu m. We're looking for somebody who has the experience and qualifications to do electrofusion joints, purging and system commissioning. We are able to hire all equipment. We're in Surrey. Grateful for anybody's suggestions.

That volume pipework needs a commercial guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
LPG lock up pressure can be regarded as the...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Get the networks eg who ever does the gas...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Back