Gas Engineers Toolbox | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Engineers Toolbox in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

H

Hardy1

Hi there to all the Gas Safe Engineers (and of course everyone else), and to all you cowboys go:33:, i was just thinking of starting this thread, as knowing "Whats in your toolbox"(Gas Safe Engineers). List Please?, many thanks Hardy1

I have long pz2 screwdriver, flat head screwdrivers, electrical screwdrivers, multimeter, screwdriver/ratchet set, ratchet and socket set, 2x pump pliers, footprints, shifters big and small, electrical pliers, long nosed pliers, manometer, stanley knife, warning pads/paperwork, smoke pellets, matches, gas tape, gas ptfe tap, closure plate tape, insulation tape, measure, big and wee levels, claw hammer/big hammer, bolsters, wood chisels, brick trowels.

that pretty much covers all my work, prob missed out some stuff but you get the picture

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess this has been done before.

In my tray (I have a multitude of other tool boxes in the van, but this tray covers most eventualities) I have....

Screwdrivers - flat and phillips, two 8" wide jaw bhaco adjustable spanners, two sets of Rothy grips, electrical side cutters, long nose pliers, cable strippers, a claw hammer, a stanely knife, a tap measure, ptfe, jointing compound, a remover tool for polyplumb joints, pipe slices 15/22, a magnetic pick up tool, a pencil, a rad wrench, a neon tester, a boat level, a 15/22mm speedfit stop end, formers for the bender, a pump tool, a set of allen keys (metric only) and a wratcheting screwdriver with a tin of various heads including a small set of hex sockets.

Probably missed something out, but that is my bread and butter tray. I will always need those tools at the least. Things like U guage, smoke pellets, soldering gear etc might all stay in the van on some days, but that tray gets taken out on every single job.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess this has been done before.

In my tray (I have a multitude of other tool boxes in the van, but this tray covers most eventualities) I have....

Screwdrivers - flat and phillips, two 8" wide jaw bhaco adjustable spanners, two sets of Rothy grips, electrical side cutters, long nose pliers, cable strippers, a claw hammer, a stanely knife, a tap measure, ptfe, jointing compound, a remover tool for polyplumb joints, pipe slices 15/22, a magnetic pick up tool, a pencil, a rad wrench, a neon tester, a boat level, a 15/22mm speedfit stop end, formers for the bender, a pump tool, a set of allen keys (metric only) and a wratcheting screwdriver with a tin of various heads including a small set of hex sockets.

Probably missed something out, but that is my bread and butter tray. I will always need those tools at the least. Things like U guage, smoke pellets, soldering gear etc might all stay in the van on some days, but that tray gets taken out on every single job.
Why two 8" adjustable spanners ?

Nah ... just take my shoes off if they are fussy. Had one tonight ... running around in my pink socks.

On the flip side, there have been times where I have insisted on boot covers to protect MY shoes.

Nah ... just take my shoes off if they are fussy. Had one tonight ... running around in my pink socks.

On the flip side, there have been times where I have insisted on boot covers to protect MY shoes.

had an assessor for the HA been doing some LLs out with me other week.
2nd call of the day, wipe your feet on way out job. access to casing screws on linea he concealed by boxing around pipes, starts to remove boxing and assesor goes what you doing ? i say gas rate only? he replies yes and lets gtf out of here lol TT , CA , GR , FFD check, visual on visable pipe work + flue & tested CO alarm and smokies filled out report and out door in 20mins, ahhh fresh air .

I've used the 8" for about the last 6 years, and theres no way I would change now! I've said it before, I am so used to them, its like picking up a knife and fork!

I have shifters of all sizes in the van, 6, 8, 10, and 12's. I never use them. I lie. I sometimes use them to seperate the auger on my diamond core cutter! By setting them on the floor and stamping on them!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Plumbing Advice, by Country Professional...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Back