gas fire and 50" tv | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas fire and 50" tv in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

had to disconnect a fire today the customer was not happy - they had hung their prize new tv above the fire drilling and fixing the bracket to hold it with 4" screws the problem being it was a precast flue block flue the drill holes went straight through into the flue - bits of the blocks at bottom of the fire opening lol

classic, I had one a while back where the custard drilled into the gas pipe feeding the fire. Keeps us in work hey :)

Maybe they can just watch a fire on the new 50 incher.
I got called to a fire today as well. Inset, that was makingstrange noises???
Turned up to discover that behind the fire was not one, buttwo squirrels!!!!!!!
Luckily I had a thick pair of gloves to grab the littlecritters and put them in the garden.
Felt good I had performed a rodent rescue, only to see thesmaller squirrel get attacked in the garden by the house cat!!!! Frying pan –fire came to mind!!!!!
Made me smile for the rest of the day anyway.

Maybe they can just watch a fire on the new 50 incher.
I got called to a fire today as well. Inset, that was makingstrange noises???
Turned up to discover that behind the fire was not one, buttwo squirrels!!!!!!!
Luckily I had a thick pair of gloves to grab the littlecritters and put them in the garden.
Felt good I had performed a rodent rescue, only to see thesmaller squirrel get attacked in the garden by the house cat!!!! Frying pan –fire came to mind!!!!!
Made me smile for the rest of the day anyway.
i would want danger money to touch one of those tree rats - viscious little things

I like telling custards to read their 50" installation manuals ref installing their pride and joy over working fire places, apparently it can b****** them up with heat and condensation:):):)

Mine has holes in too. 4 inch screws straight through the Pre cast block from the previous owners.
A common issue now with so many being built this way.I always keep a eye out for it.

I like telling custards to read their 50" installation manuals ref installing their pride and joy over working fire places, apparently it can b****** them up with heat and condensation:):):)
Indeed,it seems to be a common thing to hang the telly over the fireplace but it sounds like bad news to me. As you say the heat wont do it any good and it isnt at optimal viewing height so stiff neck !

Well now they have recked the pre-cast flue at least the tele will now survive, at least for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The date the inspection is let’s say 2 months...
Replies
Views
Yes, all that was in place. Just had no idea...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Thanks. for the response. I'll take a look at...
Replies
Views
Back