Gas fire burner below 225mm | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas fire burner below 225mm in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herp_lee

Hi guys now i was taught that if a fires burner was less than 225mm from the floor with no hearth installed then it would be classed as AR . Is this wrong ?

Hi guys now i was taught that if a fires burner was less than 225mm from the floor with no hearth installed then it would be classed as AR . Is this wrong ?

Carpet with damage evident – AR
Where no damage is evident, the installation should normally be classified as – NCS

As Alex above.
No sign of damage- NCS.
Scorched carpet/floor- AR.
Carpet on fire?............work that one out for yourself.:tongue:

what distance does the manufacturers instructions state? afterall your not servicing an appliance without following the instructions are you ;)

i agree with others, ncs unless theres signs of damage/risk then AR.( after checking the MI :) )

had this confirmed by gassafe about a year ago,no distress NCS

Has this changed recently, I was sure it was AR even without signs of damage. Could always be wrong though haha.

its written in the GIUSP book. page 47 in the last orange corgi version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
I have a portable gas fire which keeps...
Replies
Views
Still being called spammy by the forum filters...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Back