Gas fire capped off | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas fire capped off in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys not my area of expertise this so advice is in need.

A guy who lives in a rented house has just has his landlord gas checks / certificates (not by me) but the engineer has capped of the gas fire because it does not have a flame failure device .

The fire is an existing appliance and in good order i.e. (flue flow etc) why would he cap it off

cheers

Lack of experience, unable to read rule book, sort memor.........................?
Or maybe just the chance of selling a new fire?!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fitted in the lounge 7.3 Kw with no ventilation I.e below 7.5

Can of worms do ya think

depends on the circumstances but having no ffd does not make it id or ar just ncs

It fitted in the lounge 7.3 Kw with no ventilation I.e below 7.5

Can of worms do ya think

not a can of worms, you simply need to know the rules
if the fire is net then it needs 7.3-7*5= 5cm2 of free air vent, if working properly an open flued appliance without purpose provided vent is AR, request/advise not to use till rectified, NOT capped, if never fitted with an FSD it isnt even NCS it is adequately fitted

Last edited by a moderator:
Which type of gas fire is it. Radiant, LFE or DFE. If its a DFE with no Manufacturer instructions he may have deemed it AR on the ventilation. 100cm2 free air. There should be an explanation on his CP12 LGSR and warning/advice notice.

Which type of gas fire is it. Radiant, LFE or DFE. If its a DFE with no Manufacturer instructions he may have deemed it AR on the ventilation. 100cm2 free air. There should be an explanation on his CP12 LGSR and warning/advice notice.

THATS THE ISSUE AS FAR AS WE AND QUALITY KNOWs its just no ffd fitted,now if its a bedroom very different as we know but if not and just the ffd issue its ncs
(btw i need a new keybored caps is sticking LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
NCS it is then. Way over the top to disconnect. If he was worried, why did'nt he just put his concerns over to the landlord and recommend a consideration for replacement as it is not ideal having no FSD.

Someone don't know what their doing then, or going well over the top. Cheers quality.

and these are all the type of guys who shout "its a disgrace that i need to prove myself every 5 yrs", it never ceases to amaze me and dissapoints me the number of people who do their 5 yr re-assessment moaning about who are crap at their job, i know very well that some are caught in the headlights a bit, but they are very easy to sort out at the tea break by calming them down and telling them to think about it as a job rather than an assessment and off they go, but some are absolutely mince, and are time served for many yrs, the sshort course guys arent back for re-assessment yet so it isnt them

frightening lack of understanding of the regs and common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I think he hadn’t used the fire for a long...
Replies
Views
The Thorn/EMI Housewarmer S backboiler has a...
Replies
Views
With hob nail boots on ?? Again get it checked...
Replies
Views
Thanks everyone. I should go for the...
Replies
Views
Back