Gas Fire Service | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Fire Service in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all

I have just serviced a gas fire (valor Firelight 328) all above board, full strip down, drop test, paperwork etc

Charged the bloke £55.00, while speaking to him whilst doing the service he told me people had quoted him between £80.00 - £100.00, one bloke said £120.00.

As I am newly self-employed and I have only ever worked in social housing before and never dealt with payments for jobs. My question is, have I undercharged for this job, after all it was only an hours work and i think 55 quid is quite resonable, or are the other blokes just to expensive??:confused:

Any advice grateful

cheers

tom:eek:

Hi Tom

If you wish to discuss prices ,this can be done in the plumbers arms or the reg gas installers forum,were you will get a better responce from gas plumbers in the trade

:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
fair price,thats how word of mouth recommends start,ie furture work off friends/family

Fair price...i charge £45 for a annual service of a gas fire....£60 for a fire/ back boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, all that was in place. Just had no idea...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Jennie, can you please send an image of your...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
yes
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
as old plumb says its dependent on area i get...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back