Gas Fire Service | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Fire Service in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all,

I serviced a fire earlier (valor firelight 328), charged the bloke £55.00, did the job all above board - full strip down, drop test paperwork etc.
When having the usual chit chat he told me he had quotes ranging from £80.00 - £100.00 - Had one at £120.00.
Basically my question is am I charging to little for my servicing of the appliance or are the other quotes a bit on the pricey side? I have only been self employed for 6 weeks and have only worked in social housing before this so have never dealt with the pricing side of the business.

cheers

tom

its what you can get in your area, for a combi no faults i go for £55 and with a fire Id add 25 -30 after all your there anyway, but any problems and wack on extras. seems cheap to some but its the areaim in!

as old plumb says its dependent on area i get £45 combi,£55 bbu and a fire while your there £25-30 thinking of moving to Birmingham though LOL would not get away with that in wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Willum, Gas Rating calc. Ensure no other...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
Yes, all that was in place. Just had no idea...
Replies
Views
He is registered for work on gas fires. After...
Replies
Views
The Thorn/EMI Housewarmer S backboiler has a...
Replies
Views
Back