gas hob connection | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas hob connection in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

when i fit a hob i use a brass female iron to connect to the hob 1/2" thread is there any beter way than this as i have seen some after years leaking on this joint - the hob thread is paralleel and the FI so its only the ptfe doing the sealing.
ant

I know what you are saying ,I come across loads of hob connections with small leaks from this fitting with the joint made this way
However you should not be sealing with ptfe tape or jointing paste,you should fit a good quality 1/2 fiber washer,as used for boiler connections, in the bottom of the brass female iron and then tighten the gas hob threaded elbow down onto it,it will never leak

The thread isthere to hold the joint together only

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ant. I'm a gas paste lover myself! I know what you mean regards the thread. I don't fit many but I have been known to fit a fibre washer on the inside of the FI if it's the parallel fitting with the flat face you're taking about!

i agree with the above, these fittings will leak with ptfe or paste even on water unless you fit a fibre washer

Agreed, gas paste, thick 1/2" fibre washer, more paste and tighten.
Never leaks.

I know what you are saying ,I come across loads of hob connections with small leaks from this fitting with the joint made this way
However you should not be sealing with ptfe tape or jointing paste,you should fit a good quality 1/2 fiber washer,as used for boiler connections, in the bottom of the brass female iron and then tighten the gas hob threaded elbow down onto it,it will never leak

The thread isthere to hold the joint together only

imho

the female irons i have are not flat bottomed they have a taper bottom

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So has copper tube Too many fittings to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Only advise I can suggest is to contact the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Back