Gas Inlet Working Pressure in Vaillant 630 system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Inlet Working Pressure in Vaillant 630 system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hughs

The gas inlet working pressure in the Vaillant EcoTec plus 630 System Boiler is 16.5 mbar. The recommended pressure for this boiler is in the range 17 – 25 mbar.

The gas flow rate is 3.2 cubic metres per hr for natural gas. The recommended rate in cubic metres per hr is:
Nominal – 3.24
+5% - 3.40
-10% - 2.91

I am told that the output pressure from the gas meter is set at its maximum.

If the working pressure is very slightly less than the recommended rate, what are the implications? If I need to increase the gas pressure, what do I need to do?

Is the gas flow rate ok, noting the above readings?

Anything else that I should consider?

[FONT=&quot]Many thanks for your help.[/FONT]

Who installed this boiler and when?

Ignore that previous reply. I have looked at your other posts and it seems that this is a DIY job. You have two problems. The first is that you have a legal requirement to inform your local building control of the new installation. If this doesn't cost you now then it will when you come to sell the house. Secondly your gas supply pressure. If it is within the specs of the boiler then it is not going to adversely affect performance. If the pressure does drop due to demand, then with Vaillants you will get a rapidly oscillating whoomph from the burner. From the other questions you have asked I don't think any responsible competent person should tell you how to sort your low pressure other than for you to call a CORGI engineer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, RGI should not give out advice on how to check appliances to anybody, :mad:
and the only advice should be contact a CORGI installer, all gas applainces installed have to be notified to LBC, my advice to any body posting threads regarding any gas appilance would be

"If in doubt get a CORGI to CHECK IT OUT":eek:...its for your own safety!!

The gas inlet working pressure in the Vaillant EcoTec plus 630 System Boiler is 16.5 mbar. The recommended pressure for this boiler is in the range 17 – 25 mbar.

The gas flow rate is 3.2 cubic metres per hr for natural gas. The recommended rate in cubic metres per hr is:
Nominal – 3.24
+5% - 3.40
-10% - 2.91

I am told that the output pressure from the gas meter is set at its maximum.

If the working pressure is very slightly less than the recommended rate, what are the implications? If I need to increase the gas pressure, what do I need to do?

Is the gas flow rate ok, noting the above readings?

Anything else that I should consider?

[FONT=&quot]Many thanks for your help.[/FONT]

You are TOLD the gas pressure at the meter is OK? Haven't you measured it? Are you GAS SAFE registered mate?
If there is more than a 1mb drop across that system it is AT RISK so the working pressure is important. Pipe size is important or there could be Sulphidisation

as roryd says get a gas-safe reg engineer out,safety first ,also you invalidate grtee,
house insurance,thats why we spend 5yrs doing an apprenticeship,and if like me you work for yourself 1000's in acs fees and gassafe registration,so no one is going to give you tech advise,nor should anyone else.your out of your diy depth

You are TOLD the gas pressure at the meter is OK? Haven't you measured it? Are you GAS SAFE registered mate?
If there is more than a 1mb drop across that system it is AT RISK so the working pressure is important. Pipe size is important or there could be Sulphidisation

And a DOH! from me. I meant well anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Any gas boiler's HEX can stand a static head...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
Back