gas leak new fire | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas leak new fire in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancinplumba

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
GF's mothers best friend :) had new gas fire fitted by gas fire showroom subbie, he found 8mbar leak, still connected fire and just turned off gas and told her to get a plumber in to fix leak. No paperwork, no nothing ?????????

GF's mothers best friend :) had new gas fire fitted by gas fire showroom subbie, he found 8mbar leak, still connected fire and just turned off gas and told her to get a plumber in to fix leak. No paperwork, no nothing ?????????

Did she pay him?

Take it the monkey didn't test BEFORE he fitted the fire!

You going to go earn some brownie points for when you need them Steve?

Deffo going for brownie points John :). You would ;)
Paid in advance kyle, also new unprotected gas pipe in builders opening pfffftt

from what ive seen from showroom engineers id remove the fire and refit it correctly.

similar, but not, had a cust today, had fire removed 9mb leak at the cap to the fire, worrying as to to why a full tightness isn't done, I was only there to service their Worcester

similar, but not, had a cust today, had fire removed 9mb leak at the cap to the fire, worrying as to to why a full tightness isn't done, I was only there to service their Worcester

The full TT wasn't done because the person who capped is lazy and arrogant, no matter what some people think is the right way, we will always have plenty who think they can do no wrong, and even if I agree it isn't hard to get a gas tight seal on a compression fitting who's to say the cap is sound, there have been occasions where comp fittings have failed,

We also know of a fire fitted for one of our customers recently (not by us) by the showroom gas fitter - with a shocking gas leak - I don't know the technical terms but essentially the guy never tested it. Fitted in the summer and discovered by chance in the summer - hate to imagine what could have happened if it was winter and he was using it.

Local company were I used to live Ruislip did the very same , but there was 7mbar !!! Had 1 busy day repiping the gas , lucky her it was all carpets

well i fit for a showroom difference is i do it the right way ,which is the only way to fit gas appliances if you dont care about the consequences of your work get out of the trade

Showroom and kitchen fitters will be the death of all of us!

A rather sweeping statement there, excuse the pun, I've fitted 1000's of kitchens and ALL plumbing and gas work is done 100% correctly to every relevant reg! some of which I bet you can't roll off the tongue! and before I was gas registered I did 1000's of plumbing only kitchens, again with all the plumbing done to all the regs
What section of our trade are you the daddy at?

Kirkgas can't help asking, how was work to regs if you weren't registered? Even if done under corgi years if you weren't qualified u weren't doing it to regs...... Unless you were doing it foc ?

Kirkgas can't help asking, how was work to regs if you weren't registered? Even if done under corgi years if you weren't qualified u weren't doing it to regs...... Unless you were doing it foc ?

I had to read my post again as I didn't understand what you meant, still not sure if I do,
I will try again, originally a plumber so done kitchens (plumbing only as I wasn't gas registered) then I got gas ACOPS and did loads more plumbing and gas in kitchens, then I got ACS and did even more, I've done loads of just the gas in Kitchens for others who are not gas registered and EVERY one was done complying with all the regs,
So to say kitchen fitters are a nightmare is the sweeping statement,

I attend a numerous amount of gas escapes where new fires and hobs are just newly installed and are tipping out! Not good at all,build up of gas travelling under floors and having to force entry to other peoples houses because of one mans shoddy workmanship. I've had people crying when they come home and find me the police the fire brigade all there minus the front door.
The people who 'fit' these appliances don't worry about how many people it can actually affect. RIDDOR all the way.

I attend a numerous amount of gas escapes where new fires and hobs are just newly installed and are tipping out! Not good at all,build up of gas travelling under floors and having to force entry to other peoples houses because of one mans shoddy workmanship. I've had people crying when they come home and find me the police the fire brigade all there minus the front door.
The people who 'fit' these appliances don't worry about how many people it can actually affect. RIDDOR all the way.

I agree, every shoddy worker should get punished to the full capacity of the law, as they are risking peoples lives simply to make more money
But we must all do our best to ensure standards are high, who amongst us has reported illegal workers to the authorities, whether it be unqualified or unregistered etc, and has anyone ever reported someone for working while claiming benefit etc, I know it's not the same as safety issue, but it's still breaking the regs and costing firms £millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
Yeah but they don't always just detect Natural...
Replies
Views
How old is your place? Get the gas company to...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Still being called spammy by the forum filters...
Replies
Views
Back