Gas mains upgrade sizing | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas mains upgrade sizing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi gas gurus,

Job come through today I went round to price. 3 flats being fully converted, Gas Meter downstairs (on ground floor had gas) service come in approx 1 inch steel and then has ecv on.

Customers had British gas round to fit new meters in each flat and was told he'll need a gas engineer to fit supply pipework and ecvs on each floor to connect the meters up.

New one to me and piping it up is the easy part I suppose, how do we go about sizing a pipe to supply 2 possibly 3 meters?

Tried to make as much sense as possible.

Cheers

they must be keeping / fitting a primary meter then, else it would be down to the suppliers / networks to connect up to new meter positions

at a guess a u16 would just cope as a primary and then secondary after

tbh i think the customers a bit confused

best option is you to phone bg up when your onsite

Similar plumbing topics

Di do not know much about this heating stuff...
Replies
Views
This is from august and op has never come back
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back