Gas meter and boiler in one enclosure? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter and boiler in one enclosure? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NCM333

I am in the process of trying to find a new site for my boiler so I can gain a bit of space in the kitchen. I local plumber has suggested that the boiler could go in the hall above the gas meter and be enclosed in a cupboard. My question is - is this allowed? Looking at all the regulations I can find I can not find a reason why not but I am not sure. The boiler is a room sealed condensing combie. Any advise gladly recieved.

my boiler is above my gas meter in the cupboard under the stairs so yes it should be fine

reading up on BS i found this
[FONT=CenturySchoolbook,Italic][FONT=CenturySchoolbook,Italic]
"BS 6400 refers to separation distances and guarding between gas and electric services. Boilers should not
be located above gas or electricity meters."

my boiler is directly above my gas meter in a cupboard under my stairs, any thoughts on this ? I don't have a copy of BS 6400 so not sure on the requirements.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Just been to look at a job Combi boiler (1 year old) is at the moment in the bathroom above a bidet the customer would like it moved and the ideal place is under the stairs its a out side wall which also houses the gas and electric meters the electric meter is on the inside wall and would be 1.5 mtr from boiler but the gas meter would be below the meter.

Any help cheers, steve

i have a vaillant to move to under the stairs some time in few weeks , will be ringing Vailant about it to be 100% sure

as far as i remember as long there is 150mm from any electrical components will be ok !

The boiler will be 1 mtr above meter plus the compartent as just had new louvre doors fitted so seems ok will all ring manufacturers as well to be 100%

Cheers Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Have you now started using the heating or...
Replies
Views
A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
Back