Gas Meter Moving | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Meter Moving in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fowlersrs

I went to a job today that needed pricing, guy has a meter on the wall in a external meter box.
Incoming supply is straight up into the meter box, chap needs the meter box moving to the left by about the distance of a meter box which would make the incoming a right hand point of entry.

Im obivously happy to alter the external pipework and connect it accordingly. What I wasnt sure was, can I remove everything and order a new meter box and just move it?

Can u get longer anacondas for right to left connection as now the inlet would be on the right im wondering if it might be a little tight with the existing. Can I even do this work or legally do the gas transporter have to move box and meter and I connect off the meter only?

Any thoughts guys..

I went to a job today that needed pricing, guy has a meter on the wall in a external meter box.
Incoming supply is straight up into the meter box, chap needs the meter box moving to the left by about the distance of a meter box which would make the incoming a right hand point of entry.

Im obivously happy to alter the external pipework and connect it accordingly. What I wasnt sure was, can I remove everything and order a new meter box and just move it?

Can u get longer anacondas for right to left connection as now the inlet would be on the right im wondering if it might be a little tight with the existing. Can I even do this work or legally do the gas transporter have to move box and meter and I connect off the meter only?

Any thoughts guys..
What do you think?

My guess would be gas transporter to move meter box and adjust anaconda for new incoming supply accordingly leaving me to adjust external pipework back to the meter..

Only reason I questioned it was because im pretty sure that it can be done without adjusting anything upstream of the ecv, I see u can get Mitras meter boxes but im a little unsure if there suitable for right hand entry.. Only part you would need the gas board for would be when your anaconda doesnt reach from right to left.. UNLESS its not possible to do it that way and upstream of the ECV has to be altered to suit left hand entry only.

Ive never had this scenario before..

tbh you got your met1 and its there equipment so if they see its been changed your up pooo creek

so get them out

if your around doncaster, i know a grid guy who might do it you for £200, anywhere you like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/ You pay for course and they give you...
Replies
Views
Even if you did move the meter to the "vacant"...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
I would say it’s not Siemens, although...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back