Gas meter size advice before boiler swap. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter size advice before boiler swap. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hiya guys not been on in a while.

I've picked up a little boiler change job for a chinese take away.

The gas for the home above the takeaway is run from the same meter as the commercial kitchen, evidently before the interlock for the ventialtion. now I'am not a commercial catering engineer, but I Think the u6 is getting close to its limit here.

The meter is only a U6 with a sub 2m run of 22mm pipe to the kitchen.

They got a commercial 5 ring cooker & oven - estimated 25-30 kw

And 4 ring wok Burner I reckon its pretty powerful mabey 10kw per ring perhaps more?

A normal free standing cooker & 18kw Worc ri In the flat

Any more experienced engineers that could advise me on this situation? Is its current layout even technically correct?

Thanks

I would say it’s under needs a u16 also pipe sizing to the kitchen I would estimate as being on the small size round about 45-55kw ish on 22mm any more than 6m and 2 elbows and your short

I'am going to gas rate the commercial gear to see what Iam dealing with. The pipework & meter looks undersized at a cursory glance.

Even though Iam not registered to do the commercial side can I 'At Risk' the appliances?
[automerge]1589992763[/automerge]
I bets there no saftey cert for it either.

Yes I would say so there always on the ding don ok sizing

It’s the old squint and look at it for 5 mins yea that will do it :D

Right Okay so we got a commercial wok burner with x5 13kw rings & x2 20kw turbo rings & a 35kw free standing com cooker from a very optmistic R5 with with 22mm :oops:

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately just because it works now...
Replies
Views
S
Yes you're right, I look at my oftec reg and...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
P
domestic ticket has a limit of 70kw net per...
Replies
Views
kirkgas
K
Back