Gas meter sizing and usage calcs | USA Plumbers Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter sizing and usage calcs in the USA Plumbers Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Dan-HybridHeat

Gas Engineer
Hi all

I'm in the midst of starting a fairly large new build property. The main house has a boiler and fire and there is also a separate coach house with it's own boiler. All appliances will be ran from the same meter in the main house (the coach house is approx 5m from meter location).

Appliances are as follows

Worcester 40CDI Classic regular - 4.4m3/hr
Gazco Studio 3 - 0.962m3/hr
Worcester 25i combi - 2.63m3/hr

According to Technical Bulletin 089, I have calculated that the required gas flow rate required is 6.05m3/hr. I assumed before any of this we would need a U16 meter as all appliances running on max together will require 7.992m3/hr, but as TB089 says 6.05m3/hr I assume I use this reading? As this is so close to 6m3/hr would a U6 be adequate?

We've also been asked to supply gas usage - one for KWh and one for annual KW consumption? How do I go about calculating the annual consumption accurately?

I've never had to do this before so any help/advice would be much appreciated from anyone with experience.

Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Doesn't seem a million miles away without...
Replies
Views
On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back