Gas meter unions | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter unions in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I am looking at them in the BES catalogue and one of them says 1 x 22mm I.d/ 28mm outside diameter.

Now is that saying the copper is 6mm thick?

Also, it does not seem possible to buy a 1 x 28mm with a groove in for the meter bracket. I know it really doesn't matter what connection comes off the meter as gas can be compressed, but, I just find it a wee bit strange.

1 more thing chaps, I need to chop the old redundant iron gas pipe down to run new copper fron meter, but, do I need to get a threading machine and thread and cap? Or can just wack some silicone in the end of the pipes

GAS METER UNIONS, ADAPTORS & FITTINGS this one? part no 20353? it says it has a groove. Ignore the picture it may be a bit different. It's probably brass and 6mm difference = 3mm walls as there two sides!

Is the old pipe screwed steel? can you unscrew it to a joint and screw a plug or cap on?

GAS METER UNIONS, ADAPTORS & FITTINGS this one? part no 20353? it says it has a groove. Ignore the picture it may be a bit different. It's probably brass and 6mm difference = 3mm walls as there two sides!

Is the old pipe screwed steel? can you unscrew it to a joint and screw a plug or cap on?

That's the one. Yes it's 3/4 steel. I could unscrew the elbow and plug it cap it I guess. I really wanted to chop it down low level as it sticks up really quite high.

last meter unioni bought had an internal diameter of 22mm so pipe fitted straight in and external of 28mm so 28mm fitting went straight on

last meter unioni bought had an internal diameter of 22mm so pipe fitted straight in and external of 28mm so 28mm fitting went straight on

So that could be the key then. Where did you buy it from? I need one by tomorrow you see

Here it is:

597995_wpdp.jpg

Probably a bit late for you now but the last one I get from Grahams was 22mm internal and 28mm external ie takes a 28 fitting over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

On the basis that one opinion is good but two...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
I'm with AWheating.. the job of the GSR is to...
Replies
Views
Excuse to give the injector the once over.
Replies
Views
Back