Gas meter | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas meter in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Morning guys, just a quick message, out where I'm working I noticed a small lever on the side of the gas meter with like a green handle on it, I've never seen one like that before and the guy was telling me the engineer that did his central heating system had problems with it, said unless he held the small lever over to one side the gas wouldn't flow through and soon as he let it go it sprung back and isolated the gas. What kind of meter was that and what's the lever for??

Sounds like a medium pressure setup

becaus eyou need to know how to reset the valveyou cant just turn on, follow the instructions

Guess he's never come across a medium pressure before

used to get a lot around Dartmoor area, but they seem to be replacing them, don't come across them very much now.

Think I come across maybe 4 MP meters this year in my travels.
Still a few around.
Heard they are set to make a return in some areas.

MP domestic meters are usually in rural or semi rural areas where there isnt an LP main in the road but there is an MP one. Note that MP can be upto 2 Barg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
Yes, for 20p it'll save the mess and you can...
Replies
Views
You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back