Gas, Oil or Renewables? NVQ 3 choices... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas, Oil or Renewables? NVQ 3 choices... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Good evening all.

Am due to hopefully be starting NVQ 3 in September (subject to my firm agreeing and my performance in my NVQ 2 final exams!)

Apparantly now it is 32 months and towards the end you get a choice of Gas, Oil or Renewable energy to get a qualification in. Sounds cushdy.

Now most of the lads are doing Gas but i quite fancy renewables. I have done some work for my mates firm who do Solar and loved it. Also blokes on my firm reckon Gas work will be dying out in the next 10 15 years.

What you think, is this the way to go? Anyone else done the renewables?

Cheers

Renewables is the future, gas will be around for longer than we live but the current technology is getting better by the day so renewable technology is a far better choice if you have the work

I would think down your way solar is a big thing, so go for renewables you can always do gas or oil later

I would think down your way solar is a big thing, so go for renewables you can always do gas or oil later

Yeah standard mate. My pal's firm has literally doubled in size in the last year, they got a ridiculous amount of work. I think its the way i am gonna go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for you reply. I think I may do...
Replies
Views
Hi lads and lasses, I’m a newly qualified...
Replies
Views
Is there anyone on here that has recently...
Replies
Views
Train fare to Wales £95. Lost days of work...
Replies
Views
Back