Gas oven supply pipe | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas oven supply pipe in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backboiler

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Most properties have a built-in hob with a built-in electric oven below it, or a free standing cooker connected with a flexible rubber hose. It is not common to come across a built-in gas hob with a built-in gas oven below is it? This had me thinking, is it acceptable for a built in gas oven to be connected to the supply using a flexible rubber cooker hose?

Issue 1, The oven should be screwed to the kitchen fittings classifying it as a "fixed" appliance, therefore requiring rigid pipe, and issue 2, it should surely be removable for inspecting the hob data plate and piping, and if it were to be installed will rigid pipe it wouldn't be possible to remove it, How would you gain access for installation piping? I can't remember this scenario cropping up before in all the work and studies I have done.

Built in / under ovens need a flexi hose. You won't be able to fit it without one. Just follow the MI's
The early 70's built ins like the old Moffats you could fit rigid as they had a piece of trim that was removable but cooker hoses weren't common then.

Built in / under ovens need a flexi hose. You won't be able to fit it without one. Just follow the MI's
The early 70's built ins like the old Moffats you could fit rigid as they had a piece of trim that was removable but cooker hoses weren't common then.

Thanks Tamz, that was one of the things I was getting at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Time to call a gas Engineer to install the hob
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Yeah sorry, crappy powerpoint skills rather...
Replies
Views
Back