Gas oven with eye level grill | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas oven with eye level grill in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This is doing my nut

have a lovely old couple that currently have an oven with an eye level grill. Now it's seen better days and they would like another one.

I am struggling to see if these can be fitted in a kitchen with no extractor fan or even if a fan is a requirement as to me it would suggest that in certain circumstances it could try and lift the flame off of the grill.

Ive spoken to a friend in the trade and he says an extractor is a necessity but they don't currently have one and the kitchen is very well ventilated from the previous existence of an open flued boiler.

Would appreciate anyone's views on it as these oven types are still for sale and I struggle to believe that all of these people are forced to install an extractor.

Could understand it also if it were rented accommodation however it's not.

I know rules are rules but I just can't fathom where I stand.

Cheers

matt

Anyone any thoughts - bump???

Sorry not seen one in a long time. What size is kitchen? size will be an important factor if extractor needed or not and is there direct air to outside. What size is existing vents?
TB on it im sure i remember seeing

Last edited:
Direct air to outside via openable window, door and vents for previous open flue boiler. Would say room approx 36m3 or 15m2

Last edited:
Don't know exact vent sizes so can obviously measure up. I'm just trying to understand the circumstance that requires an extractor

As far as i remember without looking up. Only an internal kitchen less than 10m3 without direct air to outside requires an extractor. But ill have to check.

Never knew that still existed! Let alone purchase. I'm definitely not looking hard enough . Thought high level grill cooker were long gone. I'll brb

No very easy to get hold of. I was surprised too!!

Actually thought it was anything in area of 10m3 and an opening windows was acceptable. Less than- 50m3 and less than 5m3 you'll have 100cm2.
Anyhow double check as to the high level grill. But I'm sure this is included.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Don't ask this again.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back