Gas pipe fitting in commercial premises | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas pipe fitting in commercial premises in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

P

perscott

I am looking for some advice on getting gas pipes fitted in a shop i am hoping to lease.

At the moment there is a gas meter just inside the front door of the shop, but there are no gas pipes. Could anyone give me a rough estimate of how much i would be looking at paying to put in pipes to supply my gas from the meter to the other side of the shop which is 8.956m away, the pipe would have to go up and over the door and i reckon the whole pipe length would have to be around 23m and i would also need 4 connectors for my cooking equipment.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

you will have to get an rgi in to quote-He will need to know what appliances are going to be fitted so he can corretly size the pipework so its safe.
copper is expensive at the moment 30 meters of 22mm copper is approx £130.00 and your pipework may need to be larger,which is more expensive
plus labor and fitting.
Best i can do without seeing it!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am hoping to open a takeaway shop so i would have a commercial cooker, a fryer, chargrill and a kebab machine!

it will be likely that some/most of the pipe will need to be 28mm for these appliances, approx 23m of pipe equates to about 30m (by the time you make an allowance for some bends) 30m of 22mm will only supply enough gas for about 24kw of appliance input, 30m of 28mm copper will supply about 50kw of appliances,

Have a look on Gas Safe register web site and search for installers in your area who have commercial catering. You will inaddition to the appliance installs, require an extraction/ventilation system which is interlocked with the gas supply.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not all commercial boilers are 70 kwatt...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Smart meter fitter here. I knew from the first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
It's likely 3/4" in pipe not 22mm. You likely...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Back