gas rate, bigger meter? | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas rate, bigger meter? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI,
Had to pull the school book out. on this one.
Have a keston 55kw system boiler, 300 litre unvented tank, approx 150 m2 under floor heating and 14 medium sized radiator's as specified by architect.
On top of that a range cooker and a combi boiler to be fitted at a later date in a granny flat above garage.
Dilemma.... according to book, 55kw =5.1cm3. Leaving 9.7 kw to play with as gas meter max 6cm3.
As I see it I'm hugely under to accommodate the combi, hardly enough for the range which is pos between 10 to 15kw.
Am I right in in my thinking that the meter isn't big enough or do I need to go back to school. All my gas work to date, I haven't been faced with this kind of gas consumption.
Any thoughts of what to do appreciated.

Thanks gasmarc, I have run a gas pipe to garage as I was under pressure to get it done for back filling. It's an outside built in wall meter box, don't know if a bigger never will fit or maybe to get another meter installed in garage.

I have a job with a c55 that is a nightmare , Yes its the suppliers job worth a call on monday

You can work on a U16 as long as the system volume is low enough but it doesn't need a great deal of pipe to go over volume as the internal volume of a U16 is .025 cubic metres which only leaves .01 for pipework.

If it's feasible I'd be looking at a second independent meter for the granny annexe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back