Gas rates for LPG Morco GB24 S2 | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas rates for LPG Morco GB24 S2 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

So I was recently doing a gas test and service on a caravan with Not go GB24 S2, the boiler has giving off a gas rate of 0.87m3/h. I checked the inlet pressure of about 39mbar, the meter it was been fed from was brand new. The pipework was all fine. I am just wondering what should I do in this situation if I couldn't find a fault the FGA was also fine

No gas advice given on the open forum PM @Harvest Fields @ShaunCorbs or @Riley with your gas safe details and we’ll get you access to the gas safe forum. Also we need a little involvement from you. Post a few more comments, introduce yourself etc. We just want to know that you’re not just using us for our minds

Meter on the caravan ? Very surprised

About the low gas rate it’s coming out at 9kw

lpg boiler 24 x 3.6 / 95 = 0.9 m3/hr. he got 0.87 so not far out

Think your figures are out as

3.0m3h is roughly 32kw

The difference in calorific value between natural gas and LPG are huge. When doing calculations we are told to use 38.7 MJ/m3 for natural gas as an average but I cant find an average for LPG. Data says its between 90 and 95 so average is 92.5. op said he got a reading of 0.87 m3/hr so using these numbers if we do the calculation using the natural gas formula we get 0.87 x 38.7 / 3.6 = 9.35kw. if we do the calculation using the lpg formula we get 0.87 x 92.5 / 3.6 = 22.4kw which is still a bit low but when dealing with caravans keeping the boiler on high rate for 2 mins isn’t always easy. Dhw flow rate and small heating load can mean boiler wont stay on high rate for that long. Yes I am GSR just don’t have the badge

As Shaun said its unsual to have a meter on a caravan site unless it's bulk storage supplied directly by the site.
What is the question? Have you just installed the morco? Was it new?

Similar plumbing topics

Yea will do, just a pain in the date out here...
Replies
Views
No worries, I'll just use the app instead 🤪
Replies
Views
Just do the same action again. Pot at Mac...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
So the burner was at maximum? If so, then...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back