gas rating LPG | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter ignite
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 16K

Discuss gas rating LPG in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ignite

hi all

im just about to commission my first instal of a glowworm ultracom 2 cxi, running of 4x 47kg LPG bottles with a 4 way automatic change over valve.

i caint see how i can gas rate the applince, with no meter. is it okay to commission a new boiler without doing a gas rate?

many thanks

Same problem with bulk storage tank.You cant do gas rate just make sure FGA is spot on.

This situation is the main anamoly with the gas regs. They state that you are required to do operating pressure or gas rate or both where applicable. Can't be done on LPG unless you have a gas meter. So it has been recognised by HSE and GSR that you will have to carry out flue gas analysis instead.

The other way you can do it: Dont take this to seriously.

Find out the gas vapour draw off from one vessel. Weigh the vessel. Run the boiler at full rate for 1 hour. Weigh the vessel again. Subtract one from the other and it will tell you the gas rate. LOL.

I have done this, I no it sounds sad but it was for a serious cause. Not practical for every day installs and servicing.

The other way you can do it: Dont take this to seriously.

Find out the gas vapour draw off from one vessel. Weigh the vessel. Run the boiler at full rate for 1 hour. Weigh the vessel again. Subtract one from the other and it will tell you the gas rate. LOL.

I have done this, I no it sounds sad but it was for a serious cause. Not practical for every day installs and servicing.

Not so easy with a bulk tank. you would need a crane and a weighbridge:)

Not so easy with a bulk tank. you would need a crane and a weighbridge:)

LOL. can just picture it. Madam we just want to carry ou a gas rate on your boiler, have you got anywhere i can park my crane and weigh bridge?

Check start of thread. Glow Worn Ultra com cxi 9.8>10.8% CO2 ratio 0.0002 or better than for FGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yea will do, just a pain in the date out here...
Replies
Views
No worries, I'll just use the app instead 🤪
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
When was the last time it was inspected by a...
Replies
Views
Back