Gas Safe are useless | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Safe are useless in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is anyone else having problems registering new installs?

All i get is gas safe register does not recognise appliance or it gliches ,freezes crashes

They are absolutely rubbish as when i phone to highlight the issue they want me to do it over phone at premium cost

My landing page on gsr has never ever worked properly no wonder their are so many none registered appliances get fed up with the utterly useless service

Yeah I've had three installs in the last few weeks where the website hasn't recognised the boiler from the GC number. Pain in the backside. Never had any problems with my landing page though...

What's new, its been like this from the start. It costs money to get the system user friendly, so I don't for see any improvements.

Rarely recognises gc I just manually enter make and model. What is anoying is that the last time I renewed there carp website decided it would cease to list me and my business as registered within the publicly searchable list. Luckly a friend of mine was working on my website and wanted to link to the gas safe page confirming my registration which is when I realised I wasnt being listed. God knows how much business I might have lost if it had gone unnoticed. Took several long phone calls and over 2 weeks to get it sorted after I informed them of the problem. So glad I get to pay them for such an amazing service.

Rarely recognises gc I just manually enter make and model. What is anoying is that the last time I renewed there carp website decided it would cease to list me and my business as registered within the publicly searchable list. Luckly a friend of mine was working on my website and wanted to link to the gas safe page confirming my registration which is when I realised I wasnt being listed. God knows how much business I might have lost if it had gone unnoticed. Took several long phone calls and over 2 weeks to get it sorted after I informed them of the problem. So glad I get to pay them for such an amazing service.

Gas Safe are DEFINITELY not there for the benefit of gas engineers nor people who need the services of a gas engineer. Gas Safe is there as a money maker for the civil servants who set it up, the same civil servants who arranged the privatisation and then quit the civil service to run Gas Safe. A cash cow, nothing else.

Gas Safe are DEFINITELY not there for the benefit of gas engineers nor people who need the services of a gas engineer.
Gas Safe is there as a money maker for the civil servants who set it up, the same civil servants who arranged the privatisation and then quit the civil service to run Gas Safe. A cash cow, nothing else.

I'm normally up for a good conspiracy theory, but how do you work this out?

CORGI was privatised and was set up donkeys years before Gassafe.

Corgi was always a private company which is partly why they fell out with the hse as they wouldn't give up the brand name.
Gas Safe is run by Capita. Google them and see how many fingers they have in government pies :wink:

I'm normally up for a good conspiracy theory, but how do you work this out?

CORGI was privatised and was set up donkeys years before Gassafe.

As far as CORGI being 'privatised'. Though I'm far too young to remember it, I thought CORGI was 'private' from the outset.

With regard to Gas Safe I can only report that Gas Safe is a division of Capita plc which is a company set up by Rod Aldrige who was a civil servant in the Department of Health before he quit to set up Capita - moving with lots of pre-arranged contracts. If you are minded to look, study just how much Capita plc is involved in the running of government departments and government contracts. No other single listed company receives more taxpayers pounds than Capita plc. That, in itself cannot be good for value for money for taxpayers.

I was 'involved' in the MOD at the time Quintec was set up and that is another company that was set up by civil servants before they quit, timed to ensure that they capitalised on the privatisation of certain government functions. The two ex-civil servants, who, while they took advantage of their positions committed no criminal act which can be identified, are both, now, billionaires.

Gas Safe, which my next door neighbour and one of my brothers has had 'dealings' with in the last 2 or 3 years comes across as having absolutely no interest in the furtherance of gas safety - they state, in an email to my next door neighbour, that they have no legal status to enforce the Gas Safe Register rules on their members as well as stating the only sanction they have is to remove somebody from the Gas Safe Register, which they are OBVIOUSLY not going to do because they lose subscriptions.

If you follow the news you MUST be aware that any prosecutions arising out of gas 'problems' (there have been a couple of explosions 'recently') are ALWAYS HSE driven, NEVER Gas Safe Register driven and none of the newspaper nor court reports makes any mention of Gas Safe Register having any legal standing in the court cases.

As I said previously they are nothing more than a cash cow for Capita plc.

Like you, and many of our members, I love a conspiracy, but the Gas Safe Register is exponentially more than a conspiracy, it is a disaster of bureaucracy which unnecessarily costs both gas engineers and 'custards' an awful lot of money FOR NOTHING.

Corgi was always a private company which is partly why they fell out with the hse as they wouldn't give up the brand name.
Gas Safe is run by Capita. Google them and see how many fingers they have in government pies :wink:

Tamz, you beat me to it with a much more expressive post than mine. why use only two words when a whole pageful will say exactly the same?

I also just enter the boiler make, model etc and Gas safe list the boiler which I then accept and proceed with the registration of the install. I have never had any problems.

Better still, if you are on the Ideal ''whatever it is called'' Installer connect or SUMMAT, you register the appliance through Ideal and save the £2.65 or whatever. Same applies with Baxi. If you are on their what's it called again? You just enter the details and boiler code or summat and they send out cert through Gas safe. Again, you save the £2.62 or whatever and also get points for the install which you can use to shop. On all of the above situations, Gas Safe will have the details on your profile in their site as having being Certified by a THIRD party.

SIMPLES

the same civil servants who arranged the privatisation and then quit the civil service to run Gas Safe.

This was the bit that I was questioning PF2. There were no civil servants to arrange the privatisation, because neither Gassafe nor CORGI were ever in public ownership.

The rest of it (about Capita etc) I am in agreement with you about.

ive always thought gas safe and previously corgi were an unnecessary layer between the workers and the hse, same problem as the national health service to many chiefs not enough Indians

Agree. Helped me today. Custard wanted to keep his copper boiler , DIY rsehole. Turned into a complete rock as the day went on .... Do this I don't like that . Was about to tell him to feck off. Noticed external PE service inside extension he just built ..... Called GS as wanted to be tactful and he said to report low pressure but then point it out to transco lad.... Not my fault , believe gas supply is getting terminated shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I
No your fine just make sure there registered...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here //...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
You should keep a record of all the gas work...
Replies
Views
It mentioned she had not been cooperative with...
Replies
Views
Back