Gas Safe Feedback | Independent Plumbing Course Feedback | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Safe Feedback in the Independent Plumbing Course Feedback area at Plumbers Forums

M

mountainman

I have been in contact with GS regarding what I consider to be the lacklustre Gas Safe Promotion Week.

Nick Terry, who is Communications Director at Capita has emailed me about my gripes.
I dunno if the gang want to comment through me to Mr Terry about any issues on their minds.

Post your comments here or pm me and I'll pass them on.

MM

Gas safe promotion week !! What gas safe promotion week ??? Personally other than the gas safe mag we get through the door i have not seen anything on mainstream t.v , if they took this seriously then surely a few adverts on the tv would suffice , saying thjat tho i suppose that would be expensive and would put a dent in gsr's profit margin

"Shambolic doesn't even begin to describe Gas Safe's approach to what could have been a massive boost for gas safety awareness. Two months ago I contacted Gas Safe asking for promo material. No response. I called again, three times, and each time was told "I've sent a message to the marketing department, someone will call you". Finally, on my fifth attempt, I insisted on being put through to marketing. They claimed that they'd tried repeatedly to call me but the calls "just didn't go through". Funny, because nobody else had any problems.

Having finally got hold of someone, I was promised that they'd send some stuff out - leaflets, pens, fridge magnets, etc. Nothing. Nish, nada. Nothing has arrived at my door.

Meanwhile, I had arranged to put up a stand at my local B&Q (a superstore, so pretty high footfall). The manager now thinks I, and Gas Safe, are jokers for not following through on what was our campaign, that they had agreed to help us with.

Complete and utter joke. How will the public or retailers ever take us seriously when our industry governing body can't take the biggest campaign of the year seriously?"

My post on this thread:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/gas-safe-register-forum/39606-how-you.html

makes you think of major league football man united v potters town.......who?. exactly.

do people on the 'wrong side' actually laugh at the 'power' of gas safe i wonder.?

Its turning out to be a massive joke at our expence ! average man in the street does not know who they are or what they do ! However still get customers asking about `CORGI`ask what that is about and most will reply its to do with gas ! Sorry but the name Gas Safe just does not cut-it.

What a sterling effort from our governing body, mind you I was in the doctors last week. And guess what I saw flash up on the the monitor, a man in a Gas Safe shirt. That and one bill board is all I saw.

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Just to add a few things here. I just passed...
2 3
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Unless I'm wrong the regs on require you to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
P
This would my suggestion also. Check that the...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Back