Gas safe Inspection | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas safe Inspection in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Gas Engineer
Started with a new company last week who have just became gsr since a joined. They always used sub contractors before. So been told were on 3 month probation. Then sumone comes out and checks work. Can anyone give me advice on what is asked and what I will need to do? Is it a worry

not an issue, just chat and listen, show them your kit fga in date, prove you can do tightness test etc and see any work youve done.

The inspector will ask to see some recent gas work which you have carried out. He may require 3 sites, which you will have to arrange access to on the day of their visit. He will ask you to perform gas safety checks on the installations as required by reg 26(9). They will most likely ask you questions about ventilation and flueing, propably giving you some scenarios. They will check that you carry all relevant safety tools/equipment. They will want to see that you can deal with unsafe situations, (warning notices/labels, USSP booklet)

The inspector will ask to see some recent gas work which you have carried out. He may require 3 sites, which you will have to arrange access to on the day of their visit. He will ask you to perform gas safety checks on the installations as required by reg 26(9). They will most likely ask you questions about ventilation and flueing, propably giving you some scenarios. They will check that you carry all relevant safety tools/equipment. They will want to see that you can deal with unsafe situations, (warning notices/labels, USSP booklet)

Cool what else do they look for. Are they coming to catch me out or are they quite reasonable?

They are coming out to see that you know ya stuff and not to catch you out

Cool what else do they look for. Are they coming to catch me out or are they quite reasonable?

Not trying to catch you out, Just want to see that you have safe working practice.

Could sumone remind me of what the correct code of practise is with the crocodile clamps in terms if downstream n stuff. I never use them

use them evertime you touch a gas meter (especially when you remove/cap a meter to perform work on the installation) or cut a section of pipework out to tee in a new run etc....

this is basic safety practice tbh that many engineers dont bother with untill they find a voltage :50:

use them evertime you touch a gas meter (especially when you remove/cap a meter to perform work on the installation) or cut a section of pipework out to tee in a new run etc....

this is basic safety practice tbh that many engineers dont bother with untill they find a voltage :50:
So are u just meant to clamp them either side of section ur working on or at meter

They want you to carry 2 pairs with you. But just advise you to get another pair if you have only got one pair.

anytime you break the continuity of the pipework so if you remove meter use across the meter if you cut pipe use across the pipe you have cut

you got it, he will probably just ask to see that you have one, leave them hanging in plain sight in the van and he probably wont question it

Dont panic he knows what happens in the real world as long as you are not a complete numpty you should be ok

If you don't know the answer that's o.k. Just need to know where it is in your book. Nobody knows everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here //...
Replies
Views
What about a metal blanking plate?
Replies
Views
Don't lose your good habits in that time!!!!
Replies
Views
Whilst Corgi / Gassafe registered I was...
Replies
Views
Back