Gas safe portfolio help | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas safe portfolio help in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I was just wondering whether anyone could help me out that has recently completed or is currently completing their gas safe portfolio.

I’m on my 3rd year of apprenticeship and have started my gas in the October just gone, I work on new build homes so I find it difficult to gather photos as I’m constantly having to ask people that are on price work to take photos with me doing tasks.

On my level 2 NVQ I was given a list from my tutor that stated what jobs/tasks I needed to get evidence of to provide for my portfolio, however I have a new tutor for my gas and he doesn’t provide any sort of guidance just ‘take photos of everything’.

So I’m just wondering if anyone has any other sort of info they could give me on the portfolio? Like how many tasks and if there’s specific jobs etc.

Any info/comments is appreciated,
Thanks,
Jack.

The requirements vary from training body (Logic, BPEC etc).

Best you confirm that with the college.

have you been given a physical portfolio folder, as many tell you at the start.

I believe BPEC ask for 3 installs, 3 landlord safety inspections and 6 services (need to include, Room sealed, open and balanced flued).

Remember to take photos of the following;

• TT - ECV opens and closed
  • Removing case
  • Checking seals
  • Checking flue
  • Burner pressure
  • Gas rate
  • Analyser (purging outside, flue integrity (make sure cover is on when testing RS).
  • Applying LDF
  • PPE (boots, eyewear if using grinder etc)
Hope this helps

Last edited:
It seems this changes from college to college going by what I’ve heard from others.
With me as CENWAT was part of my assessments I had to provide 35 portfolio entries with photo evidence of me working on boilers.
I also needed one with CPA as that was part of it.
Water heaters was part of it although I didn’t have to provide any evidence of that.
Other boys in my class who weren’t qualified plumbers had to provide 80 portfolio entries.

Similar plumbing topics

If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
Yes, it's difficult to get people who don't...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Back