Gas safe registration and nvq | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas safe registration and nvq in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone ,
I have just completed my gas portfolio to be admitted to the acs course.
I would like to know if once I get my gas safe registration I can start working for a boiler service and repair company even if I haven't got any NVQ's?
At the moment I am finding very difficult to get some job for the nvq level 2 and 3.
Thanks
:confused:

working on gas is 100% down to having the "relevant current" ACS and being on the GSR register, it has nothing to do with any NVQ or any other qualification, however it doesnt mean you will be any good (just saying it before the "you can only learn gas after a 4yr apprenticeship" mob get in before me)

Yes you can work for yourself if you join Gas Safe.

Some companies will take you on, however others won't without an NVQ.

e.g. Helen in the British Gas recruitment thread said that British Gas now only take on those with a minimum of NVQ 2 (Used to be Level 3).

Similar plumbing topics

Partly insurance but mainly because 'you' are...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
B
Also depends what arrangement you have with...
Replies
Views
Back