Gas Safe Renewal | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Safe Renewal in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all,

I have been qualified for 5 years now - but only held my own gas safe for the past 10 months. I have a couple of questions for the more experianced boys that may seem stupid but its all new to me.

1 - Do I have to contact Gas Safe to renew my card or is it done automatically?

2 - My ACS is up in April '12, so will gassafe only issue my new card until that date and will I have to apply again when my new quals take effect?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for your help, I know it may seem obvious to some of you lads but its all new to me and I have always worked "direct" before and had all this type of stuff sorted for me!

Cheers

Tom:crazy:

Well Tom just renewed mine once more. I renewed my Gas Safe Reg on-line but if you're direct debit it'll be automatic. Regards Your card, my card renewal was April this year but ACS was in Feb. So they'd issued my card for a year but ACS was 11 month down the line. They are informed of you sailing through the re-assessment I believe!! :icon10:

You can & it would be best to renew ACS upto 6 months before expirey, you certainly don't want to let it lapse as you then wouldn't be able to trade until GS have recieved your certificates! Get your ACS's booked.

You can & it would be best to renew ACS upto 6 months before expirey, you certainly don't want to let it lapse as you then wouldn't be able to trade until GS have recieved your certificates! Get your ACS's booked.

My ACS is booked in already its at the start of october, its the earliest I can do it as the college said the earliest 26 weeks before the old one expires.

Hi all,

Currently trying to renew my gas safe online. I have clicked on the "renew online" section which took me to the log in page - I have logged in and I cant for the life of me figure out what to do next I cant find it!!!

I AM GOING ROUND THE TWIST HERE TURING PURPLE!

the white box at the top left of the home page,
are you an engineer?.

the middle tab at the top, renew your registration.

RENEWING YOUR REGISTRATION
Please note: You will only be able to renew your registration in the eight weeks before it expires.
To continue carrying out gas work legally all Gas Safe registered businesses must renew their registration every year. We will let you know when you need to renew your registration and will send you a letter or an email explaining what you need to do.
Renewing online is quick and easy and means all future communications will be sent to you electronically saving you time and money. We are again offering a reduced fee for online renewals.

just a thought! how can you renew gas safe registration for the year with only 2 months left untill acs expiry?.

Last edited by a moderator:
the white box at the top left of the home page,
are you an engineer?.

the middle tab at the top, renew your registration.

RENEWING YOUR REGISTRATION
Please note: You will only be able to renew your registration in the eight weeks before it expires.
To continue carrying out gas work legally all Gas Safe registered businesses must renew their registration every year. We will let you know when you need to renew your registration and will send you a letter or an email explaining what you need to do.
Renewing online is quick and easy and means all future communications will be sent to you electronically saving you time and money. We are again offering a reduced fee for online renewals.

just a thought! how can you renew gas safe registration for the year with only 2 months left untill acs expiry?.

Maybe I can't do it beacuse I have not recieved a letter yet. I didn't read that part!! I feel stupid now:freak: Oh well I guess i'll wait for my letter.

I was getting pretty annoyed seaching the site - I was about ten seconds away from quitting and becoming a painter and decorator:whatchutalkingabout

Just an update on my new registration - I have a direct debit set up on the gas safe website so thats why I can get to the renewal section and renew online as it gets done automatically.

To be fair to gas safe they have been spot on helping me sort why I cant renew via emails and phone calls. I know they have their knockers (me included sometime) but credit where its due!!!

Just got a wonderful picture ........ Next time I ring gas safe i hope it's a woman!!! lol

Cheers Tom, I nearly renewed mi ACS a year early coz of the dates on the back of our cards!! :dizzy2: I wish they'd but the expiry date on there!

Just got a wonderful picture ........ Next time I ring gas safe i hope it's a woman!!! lol

Cheers Tom, I nearly renewed mi ACS a year early coz of the dates on the back of our cards!! :dizzy2: I wish they'd but the expiry date on there!

I was the same as you, I got an email off the firm I sub to saying they needed a copy of new GS reg and PLI and also needed my ACS when it was due (april 2012) Had a quick look at my gas safe card and saw that it ran out on the 30th of next month. I thought it was my ACS and nearly started to cry - then I realised my mistake!!

Last edited:
lol ... Well a year and a half back I'd booked up and everything for my ACS. Like yourself they asked for a copy of my previous... I searched all over the place and eventually found the certificate. I then had to phone up the assesment unit and cancel coz it still had a year to go! :santa_cheesy: Felt such a knob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Partly insurance but mainly because 'you' are...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection...
Replies
Views
You will have almost certainly have a "non...
Replies
Views
Back