gas safety certificate help | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas safety certificate help in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi got a bit of a dilema.
Sold our house and after 12 weeks into the process and close to a completion date the buyers solicitors have asked for a gas safety certificatr. I arranged a survey with a gas engineer who called today to carry out the survey, first thing he noticed was the smart gas meter we had installed by british gas had no digital display, me and my partner were not aware of this as the meter was behind a unit. The gas engineer said he was unable to carry out the survey, i phoned british gas and they told me that it was possible to carry out the survey as the meter was fine it was just the digital display that was faulty? And they would not be able to fix the meter until 13 july!We really need this certificate in the next cpl of days as we hope to get a completion date next week....any gas engineers out there that can give advice on whether a gas survey cert can be issued even though the smart meter display is not working.?*

Depends on what type of boiler & other appliances in house.
A meter reading showing gas consumption may be required to test some appliances. Without it safe operation of an appliance may not be confirmed.

Thanks thats what i thought. I have a combi and a 5kw gas stove that needs testing.

They digital meters are hopeless. Had 3 this year that had faulty display.
Get on to your gas supplier and kick up hell. It is their faulty meter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Wp meter wp appliance and check safety’s
Replies
Views
you will have to call the gas transporter /...
Replies
Views
Cheers Scott D
Replies
Views
LPG lock up pressure can be regarded as the...
Replies
Views
Back