Gas Safety Inspection - boiler not meet standards/requirements | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Safety Inspection - boiler not meet standards/requirements in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Had a boiler upgrade installed this summer from old gravityfed system to combi boiler (Worcestre Bosch compact). Had boiler relocated to loft. Installer saidit could be done and would meet requirements. Now had GS inspection (really brilliantguy) who checked everything but said that the were concerns about the boiler as follows:

• Clearance between boiler was not sufficient inline with manufacturers guidelines
  • The pressure relief pipe terminated into plasticwaster pipe (needs to be metallic or into an alternative material specified by pipeor boiler manufacturer
  • Condensate discharge pipe terminates on tiledroof which does not meet requirements
  • Roof space not sufficient
  • Pipes not lagged
  • Not sufficient distance between horizontal flueterminal and tiled roof
What are my options?The installer said it could be carried out an relocated to loft prior to becontracted.
I can ask him tocome back and address these concerns but i think he must as Gas safe have askedhim too.
Many thanks

Did you tell the inspector who fitted the boiler. He should follow up by sending a letter to fitter to address his concerns with the install.

Did the gas inspector advise you what you should do next?

Pipes lagging is important for heat loss and potential freezing. Its in a loft space so 25mm lagging min.

"Roof space not sufficient" wonder what that refers to?
i can see the other points are valid.

Boarding and light and loft ladder

Yeh i get the lagging bit lol.
But a gas safe inspector.
More of a building reg

Hi guys ... Yeh mostly valid points that need to addressed especially flue clearance and condensation termination. The insulation is simple fix although not a gas safety reg but still a reg all the same.
I'm not following roof space not sufficient ??? As clearly on about the roof . Unless not very accessible.

Wait to see what Gassafe have to say on how to go forward but the engineer should defo put everything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
If you have the manufacturers instructions, go...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Back