gas servicing | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter jase158
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 261

Discuss gas servicing in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

been on my first gas experience this week and not sure if it has been done right, so want to ask whats involved in

1. landlord safety check
2. boiler service

thank you for your time

Not sure what your asking here. But if it's what I think your asking, get more training/experience. And no I'm not trying to be funny or have a go at you. Just my honest opinion and there no offence intended.

i would agree with leo21 spend a week or so out with an engineer who is on land lord certs everyday doing various appliances etc, as for boiler servicing go of MI'S as for appliance

been on my first gas experience this week and not sure if it has been done right, so want to ask whats involved in

1. landlord safety check
2. boiler service

thank you for your time
are you gas safe,if you are how did you become gas safe ,if this is your first gas experience..?

I may have not given enough info,
I am working with gas engineer
I have just started but am a little confused,
on my portfolio it says that I should be
1. removing cover
2. adjusting gas inlet
3. doing a tightness test
4.remove burner and clean components
5.set burner pressure
6. spillage test
and should have readings from flue gas analyser and readings from meter.

Now I have just started so maybe he is slowly teaching me but I am not sure.
or is the college asking for too much?

also does the landlord safety check include servicing the boiler or just a basic check?

I am reading between the lines of previous posts and by the sounds of it, I am not being taught everything at the moment but I am a bit blonde and need to know for sure, if you dont want to post on here then pm me please.
Hardest thing of all is the fact that this guy is giving me a chance and I dont want to throw it away.
I have only been with him for 2 weeks so will keep going for a couple months at least.

just realised what you are saying, and really??? who in there right mind would go out and do gas without any experience and then be stupid enough to come on here and ask how to do it all??

suppose there are some idiots out there, but not me. may I reassure everyone on here that I will not go out on my own untill fully trained, pass acs and get at least a years experience. I want to feel confident and know what I am doing. I am just wanting to know if I am being taught correctly and college are asking for too much or wasting my time with this bloke.

oh also just to let everyone know I am going to college to do foundation course before doing ACS. long way to go yet

Jade, it's good that you're curious and better that you're asking questions mate. This isn't the right place for the answers.

The questions you've asked would be better aimed at the engineer who's taking you out. It's probably better you adjust your postings in future to confirm you're asking the right questions if you see what I mean.

Good luck Jase.

to be fair to jase in the first post he did say that he had just been on his first​ gas experience

i would agree with leo21 spend a week or so out with an engineer who is on land lord certs everyday doing various appliances etc, as for boiler servicing go of MI'S as for appliance

My experience is that engineers doing certs day in day out are the most likely to cut corners. Been to several jobs where gas is smelled by custard just after a service cos basic things are not checked like that nipple not closed and it passes tt and only leaks when demand is on and full burner fires

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

to be fair to jase in the first post he did say that he had just been on his first​ gas experience

I agree which is why I didn't want to discourage him. Jase is showing a conscientiousness and is asking the right questions. I just think they'd be better answered on site.

I agree which is why I didn't want to discourage him. Jase is showing a conscientiousness and is asking the right questions. I just think they'd be better answered on site.

right questions, wrong way of asking. thanks everyone, really helpful, will keep going as very rare opportunity, if nothing useable for portfolio will speak to boss. Think I will speak to college about what I have done first and see if it is possible to pass what I have done or wether it needs everything they are asking for. Thanks again

Your placewment or whatever they call it is like any trade learning process. The guy you are out with hasn't the time to stop and explain what he is doing and why. He is most likely on a price and you are an inconvenience.
Just watch what he is doing and note anything you want highlighted then ask him in the van on the way to the next job.

Another good idea jase would be to note down the appliances you/your engineer have come across and have a read of the instructions. Afterall the manufactures instructions are most important in deciding what gets done, action levels etc......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
It's a very old house so I doubt it but I'll...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Experience tells me 10mm won't be enough but...
Replies
Views
Back