Gas subcontracting | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter maazyazdani
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 7K

Discuss Gas subcontracting in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maazyazdani

Hi everyone,

I am from Nottingham and a newcomer to this business, I have completed the 10 day workshop with OlCI to do my ACS training. Now they require me to finish my portfolio. I have contacted and given my CV to OLCI for work placement but they didn't respond yet.

I want to have a subcontract with someone so that I can work towards my portfolio and get paid at the same time.

can someone please explain it me how to get a job as aa subcontractor as I am a bit naive in this case :confused:.

well firstly olci have sold you a pup
you have 2 hopes of getting paid while building a portfolio
one is bob hope and the other is no hope
you will struggle like hell to find an engineer to take you on unpaid while you learn if at all
sorry i dont believe in dressing it up but did you not think to investigate just how you were going to build a portfolio of evidence???

Well,OLCI mentioned to it to me that they'll help me to get work placements so that I can complate my portfolio. I am happy to work without getting paid but I have heard from few guys that they are working with British gas as a subcontractor that is why I was interested in subcontracting.

I am happy to do work without pay. Does anyone know where and who to contact?

Thanks.

you can only work as a british gas subcontracter once you have passed your acs exams, as said in previous post you are going to find it very hard to to get anyone to take you on, get chasing olci big time.

also what did you do/learn during a 10 day course??:confused:

I learnt CCN1 (Gas fires, water heaters, Boilers, Cookers), Flues, ventilation, Gas pressure on meters. I was with a guy who was working with British gas but didn't pass his ACS yet. He is working as a subcontractor.

Everyone finds it hard but there is always a way. If you have done your ACS then I want to know your expertise on how to find corgi to work with and how to convince British gas to work as a subcontractor.

you CANNOT work for british gas doing gas work without having passed your acs exams, you cant do any gas work alone until you have passed your acs for that matter of fact.

surely if youve done a course you are aware of the rules and regulations??

you havnt got a cat in hells chance of becoming a subcontractor with british gas without having passed you acs exams and showing competence in the field fisrt.

you really ought to have a stern chat with olci, because by the sounds of it they have been telling you a few porkies.

if you do want to build a portfolio of eveidence for your acs you need to contact rgi's in your local area and see if they are willing to help you out(unpaid)

sorry to be so blunt but its the truth!

I learnt CCN1 (Gas fires, water heaters, Boilers, Cookers), Flues, ventilation, Gas pressure on meters. I was with a guy who was working with British gas but didn't pass his ACS yet. He is working as a subcontractor.

Everyone finds it hard but there is always a way. If you have done your ACS then I want to know your expertise on how to find corgi to work with and how to convince British gas to work as a subcontractor.

well ime sorry to say i doubt you have even grasped the basics because why you are refering to corgi i dobnt know and ten days to learn all the above is imho a joke
you can only be a gas subcontractor if you are qualified(acs)and experienced and you are neither of these you have blindly signed up for a crash course and will now find yourself stuck in limbo indefinatly as tbh finding an engineer in this climate in your area to train you up so you can become a competitor hardly makes good sense does it

Its a distant learning and then practical training thing, I hope its clear now.

yes very clear they have found another victim to relieve of about 5k with little or no hope of passing acs and finding employment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi mughal did u find anyone please keep us...
Replies
Views
Yes, it's difficult to get people who don't...
Replies
Views
Anybody looking to be a forum mentor is...
Replies
Views
I’m glad there clamping down on this, had a...
Replies
Views
Back