Gas training/exams | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas training/exams in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All
just wondering what to expect from the gas training/exams as I am starting them soon and also have a portfolio of 50 hours to complete. Any experience ? I am very fortunate as I have a few Gas Safe engineers who are prepared for me to join them to get experience and portfolio. Any advice?

take lots of pics ideally of you doing safety tests etc, take pics of install and gas rating etc and right lots of notes that prove your compliant. write all NTCS, AR'S AND ID'S that you mAY come across, and finally enjoy, its good fun and your learn a lot while on the tools with gas, best also to get a mix of everything if you can, fires, boilers, cookers etc as this will expose you to a good amount, its when your on your own the fun begins with aweful boilers and moody customers. however when you notice an ID situation its a good feeling knowing you have saved someones life. good luck matie

When I did mine I found taking pictures of data badges really helpful as if you don't take thorough notes you can always check the MI's when you come to write it up. Also with your portfolio try not to get behind on writing them up. If you get a template set up on Word and drop in the photos and add text and a brief description. One of the lads at college would do 10 to 15 jobs a week and then spend the whole weekend writing them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Good luck. Unfortunately to most guys this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Apparently there is a management learning...
Replies
Views
hi mughal did u find anyone please keep us...
Replies
Views
Back