Gas Valve - Inlet Test Point and Burner Test Point screws | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Valve - Inlet Test Point and Burner Test Point screws in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

Some advise please. Doing my gas course so I have taken a few boilers home to practise taking them apart so I can understand more how they work.

For the gas valve in a Worcester boiler I got my hands on I have been trying to undo the screws for the Inlet test point and Burner test point. I literally cannot get them loose, to the point where I actually snapped a flat head screwdriver. Looking at the screw heads in the gas valve these have also been damaged when I tried to loosen them.

Can any advise how to get these loose or why they aren't coming loosen? I don't want to be in a situation in the future where once qualified I cause as much damage to a customers boiler as I have done with the one I am practising on at the moment.

Any advise greatly appriecatied.

Cheers

Attachments

• tempImage0uVrax.png
    tempImage0uVrax.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
the 1st screw driver I used which snapped was not the correct size (lesson learnt there!!!!). After that I did use the correct size screw driver but the screw still just won't move

If these valves have been or are being used for training then they will have already been abused, not something that would happen in the real world.

They are beyond the point of being of any use.

When the screw is softer than the screwdriver you need to use the widest blade that will fit.

You may get the screws out by holding the valve firmly in a vice or jammed between heavy objects, then put the screwdriver in the slot, apply slight (un)turning pressure and tap the head of the screwdriver with something heavy, in effect making an impact screwdriver.

If these valves have been or are being used for training then they will have already been abused, not something that would happen in the real world.

They are beyond the point of being of any use.

When the screw is softer than the screwdriver you need to use the widest blade that will fit.

You may get the screws out by holding the valve firmly in a vice or jammed between heavy objects, then put the screwdriver in the slot, apply slight (un)turning pressure and tap the head of the screwdriver with something heavy, in effect making an impact screwdriver.
I'll give this a go, thank you

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for keeping me safe. If it is the...
Replies
Views
Still being called spammy by the forum filters...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
Back