gas work | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gas work in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl1

hi all work in social housing do you guys keep a record of the work you have completed if so how i dont mean cp12 forms just something for myself to keep on record ta

So do I mate, just my timesheets, ref no, address, what job was, arrive and depart time, was job completed any parts ordered and that's it really

Why would you want to keep additional records? If you are an employee there will be records kept via your job sheets

yes we have timesheets but tend to go missing just looking to cover myself stop the blame train thought gassafe or corgi mite have somthing

Day to page diary in van my old fruit. You probably spend 3hrs aday on your arris in the tin can so use it. I can tell you any vm boiler I worked on on last couple of years. Mm used to staple fga prints into day aswell. Got a bit messy 23 services a day and all ;)

Could even photo them with a smartphone/good inbuilt camera and store them on the cloud.
Piece of cake and instant.
It even organises in date-taken order !

Check with client that you are allowed to take copies, we actually had one client stop a guy taking copies for his portfolio

sorry guys its not about work you would record on cp12 or warning notices its more smaller work like extending pipework or cap fires etc we have had a few issues lately with agency plumbers/gas like i said just looking to cover myself

If you want to "remember" what you did, scribble down some basic info in a diary

As Kirkgas has said everything you have done should be detailed on a job sheet

Thought everyone would keep a basic diary of works would never trust an employer or tennant personally

I've never kept a note of anything as an employee, I've got enough paperwork, if there's an issue with a job the office will dig the paperwork out anyway

I used to write brief notes on work done,parts ordered so when you got a phonecall weeks later from another engineer at the address you knew what they were talking about. Most of my notes were about what addresses to avoid ie psycho,druggie,drunk aggressive tenants I always seemed to get them

When working for a company that the computer system kept losing things I used to note down make, model, bp, analyser readouts, parts needed, serial number and gc number. It was more to stop me looking like an idiot going back to fault find again after the jobs got lost.

I used to scribble readings date and abbreviations on the combustion doors of boilers I'd serviced not much use if you don't have the boiler in your filing cabinet but made the next service and any fault finding a lot easier

yes kirkgas understand whar u ar saying issue with job office will dig out paperwork just looking to duplicate work not on cp12 etc to cover me ta all anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
You should keep a record of all the gas work...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
If you can afford to lose 1/2 or more of your...
Replies
Views
Back