General Combi Installation Questions | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss General Combi Installation Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cosmarchy

Hello all,

I will be installing the plumbing in my house soon and have some questions regarding what is best to do. BTW I am not looking to do any gas work - I am having a qualified plumber in to do this, I am only looking to do the water pipework
icon_biggrin.gif

1) I will be using a Bosch Worcester combi boiler situated in the downstairs toilet adjacent to the kitchen. These have a plumbing manifold and I was wondering whether it is accptable (and enough room) to put a 'T' piece on the pipe as it comes out of the manifold connection so the pipework can go upwards and downwards. I am looking to take the hot water pipe downwards and through the wall into the kitchen and upwards to feed the bathroom above. I also want to take the central heating flow and return in the same manner - to feed the downstairs radiators and also the upstairs radiators.

2) The hot water output from the boiler is 15mm. Does anyone see problems with this feeding a downstairs kitchen sink and a upstairs bath, sink and shower (not electric!!).

3) When I take the copper and soil pipes through a brick wall, what protection do I need, if any? Do I need to sleeve it perhaps?

If anyone could help me with these I would appreciate it.

Thanks

to be honest mate if you read the letter of the law your not aloud to work on a gas appliance if not gas safe, and it sounds as if you dont have enough knowledge to attempt this job, i think you could be taking on somthing to big, i would really advise getting a qualified heating engineer in to help you, even if you want to labour on maybe, do you have correct skills to solder pipes etc as you really dont want to be doing all this in compression?

Also jut to make it clear before the reply comes about not doing the gas pipe, mounting the install jig and connecting pipes to it (flow and return etc) is classed as gas work

Stop trying to save money and put everyone's life's first. Get a Reg gas installer in and pay the money

You wouldnt try and change your own hip just cus you've seen a video on you tube. You'd get a surgeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Back