Getting a fall on a run of toilets | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter camfish
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K

Discuss Getting a fall on a run of toilets in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

camfish

Any advice appreciated got a job.with runs of 3 toilets connecting into vertical stack. When the 1st toilet is flushed a small amount of dirty water enters the last toilet, checked the falls and a bit of backfall and the cast bend to the cast stack is more like a tee. No blockages as all been jetted, I'm going to jack up the horizontal section to the stack and change the connection to stack to a swept bend, I'm doing this on all 6 floors, my concerns are getting a fall on the 3 toilets as obviously the outlets are all the same level so I'm thinking of using different pan connectors as I said any advice re this appreciated. Also bit worried about the stack dropping when the tees are removed as a lot weight above even though all bolted up

i usually fit the terrian float as you say they have different pan cons nearer the stack more degrees fall on pan con it kind of works fine on 860mm cubicle sizes you may not have the right to choose is it decided for you like you i would be very concerned about the stack dropping if it wedges in the clips you,ll never get it back up can you put jacks anywhere and lift it a bit

Thanks for reply I can choose what fittings I want so I'll have a look at terrain hopefully stack will be ok as it's bolted timesaver type above and bracketed to wall but one of those squeaky bum jobs

Just been doing a very similar job. 3 back to wall pans in cubicles going into the same horizontal stack. The pan furthest away obviously is going to need to be about 180mm from the deck and then you need to take the horizontal line back to the stack with your 1 in 40 fall. Stick your tees in on the centres of the pans and then measure what the offset is for the other 2. You can do it 2 ways. Either keep the angle of your tees parallel with the floor and use offset multikwiks or put them angled up and use an angled multikwik to drop in. If you use the angle method I'd advise you use the Terrain ring seal adaptors on your tees so that you can twist them to the angle you need. An even easier method (in my opinion) is to try and put a bit of distance between the horizontal stack and the pans (if possible) and drop into it using the short radius flexible multikwiks.

Thanks Nat not a lot of room to move the horizontal so I think I'll will try the angled method with the terrain thanks for the info very helpful

I think I'll work something out once I've removed all the vanity panels as access is poor I've got all weekend to do it as it's an office block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
B
I have a similar problem but the waste goes...
Replies
Views
FK Toilet
F
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Cheers oz-plumber, good advice. I've ordered...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Back