Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Getting a Remote Control RFWRT thermostat talking to a Worcester Boiler 28i, changed the batteries, no heating, hot water working ?

The Tower RFWRT only controls the heating side. The hot water (I assume the 28i is the Combi version) is controlled by the boiler.

Comments below assume that the system has been working correctly and has not been tampered with.

If it is a new installation and never worked or been tampered with, call in a heating engineer.

Comments:

Assuming that your hot water is working, the issue is on the CH control side.

You can test the RF connection between the thermostat and the receiver (refer to the Manufacturers Instructions) if that is working look at the zone valve and check that the end switch is working. If the end switch is working and the RF connection is ok the boiler will fire on a call for heat. If so and no heat is entering the system check that the valve is actually opening.

If the RF connection is not working, it seems wasteful, but it is probably easier and cheaper to just change the receiver and RF thermostat units. a replacement Tower unit is around £40

If you don’t feel competent to check out the valve and end switch ( the valve will be 240v) call in a heating engineer. Equally replacing the Tower receiver will involve a 240v connection

If RF connection is ok and the zone valve is functioning then the issue is within the boiler and you will need a Gas Safe Registered engineer to resolve it ( it is probably an internal boiler valve issue)

Similar plumbing topics

All gas appliances have a data badge the...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Glad you managed to get things sorted out in...
Replies
Views
Will work yes. Look for a local installer/...
Replies
Views
I
Ian Following on from the above, you say "It...
Replies
Views
Back