getting gas pipe to boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss getting gas pipe to boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just looking for some advice from people who do boiler installs if thats ok.

I normaly always stick to servicing and breakdown work but with starting my company I am going to have to do more install. I went to one today were the gas meter was on the front of the house and the boiler was at the rear.

Gas pipe needed to be upgraded, it was a terraced house so there was no way of running around the outside of the house.

What would you normaly do in this situation? thanks

where does the existing gaspipework go ? just trace it back and upgrade to suite

Just looking for some advice from people who do boiler installs if thats ok.

I normaly always stick to servicing and breakdown work but with starting my company I am going to have to do more install. I went to one today were the gas meter was on the front of the house and the boiler was at the rear.

Gas pipe needed to be upgraded, it was a terraced house so there was no way of running around the outside of the house.

What would you normaly do in this situation? thanks
run it under the floor boards or if theres laminate flooring down upstairs that wont come up sometimes you have to go up into the loft with the gas and drop back down that is hard work though

The existing goes down and then is untraceable. Thats what I was thinking gman, dont see any other way of doing it other than going up through the loft, just wondered what others thought. Thanks

if there is space under floor to crawl around then find somewhere to make a hatch to get under if its laminate, you can get lengths of pipe under the house either through the exising hole where gas pipe enters house or drilling a new bigger one if needed.

you can also get a joiner to lift and relay laminate flooring for you, or drop feed from loft as said before.

without seeing job or getting more detail can't really say which way would be best.

trac pipe is a good alternative if you can fish a rope thru

Up the front of the house, through the loft, and back down at the rear.

Simples.

As soon as i see laminate it fills me with dread.

Up the front of the house, through the loft, and back down at the rear.

Simples.

As soon as i see laminate it fills me with dread.
especially if its glued at the joints,you can get clic types up though but theres still a chance they can chip

Just do what Sky do with their satellite cables. Roll of tracpipe and chuck it up and over the roof.

Seriously though you've got to take each case as it comes. If you can get the boards up easily under the floors or up and over if not.

sometimes you can be lucky enough to slide lengths in under the floor ive remove many airbricks for this on one job we had to sacrifice a length of 28mm to lift the 22mm over an obstical not recomended with todays prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
Back