Getting heat to the furthest radiator in a long house | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Getting heat to the furthest radiator in a long house in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,

I need a second opinion on a heating problem before I tackle it. I have a customer with a long, thin terraced house. He has a large combi at the back upstairs. His problem is that the downstairs front room rad never gets warm enough. The rads are mainly piped in 15mm apart from the problem rad which is supplied by microbore. I have tried everything obvious to sort it (balancing, all off except that one, changing the valves, chemical flush etc.) I doubt it has a manifold. It's not especially sludgy. I am wondering if I replace the microbore with 15mm would that boost the flow and rectify the issue? Any advice welcome.

Jock

Change the microbore to 15mm and fully balance the rads using the lockshield valves.
If you are unable to repipe the entire run of microbore, replacing most of it should dramatically improve the flow.

Similar plumbing topics

Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
It is set to that, max output, CC3 at 6.5M...
Replies
Views
Yes I’d do that too, just shut the radiator...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If I understand this correctly, what you're...
Replies
Views
Back