Getting hot water but no heat to radiators. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Getting hot water but no heat to radiators. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I am abit stuck and cant really find a solution anywhere..
So, i have an F&E gravity system. The central heating pump needed replacing as the shaft had seized, changed it all well and good pump working lovely.
I am getting only hot water
The mid position valve is on the middle setting , if hot water only its on water only and heating is on the heating setting. So the actuator works fine..
Just nothing is passing through the radiator circuit from that valve.
Ive drained the system twice and bled the system..
Ive bled the boiler aswell. Ive ran out of ideas, if no solution i guess its a call to the local plumber!
Thankyou

Well if it’s not an air lock, although the 3 port valve is moving position, it might not be moving on the spindle? do you know if the head is detachable? Starting from cold, if you select just heating does the boiler fire up and the pump and pies get hot?

Well if it’s not an air lock, although the 3 port valve is moving position, it might not be moving on the spindle? do you know if the head is detachable? Starting from cold, if you select just heating does the boiler fire up and the pump and pies get hot?
It is detachable if i turn heating on/off you can see the spindle turn and on the body of the valve you can freely move it with your fingers . Yeah just heating the pump and pipes get hot it is just the radiator pipes not hot
So in the picture the pipe going to the right is really cold

Attachments

• 16354081272748980502923134906703.jpg
    16354081272748980502923134906703.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 33
Looks as if it could be some pump "problem".
Check that the pump is orientated correctly (same way as last one) arrow on pump body should be pointing at the mid position valve. Pointing UPWARDS (just saw a bit of the pump)
Check pump mode and setting, some have a auto setting mode which is completely useless on most. Can you post or photo the actual pump make, model and mode, and setting, may be able to assist.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Has the solid fuel boiler ever heated the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have two rads upstairs connected exactly the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd want one of the valves on the radiator to...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Add a valve to balance the hot water cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back