Getting much more work as an electrician than a plumber :( | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Getting much more work as an electrician than a plumber :( in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I am starting to feel like an alien on here now. I haven't touched my plumbing tools for nearly a month now, been doing nothing but electrical work. Does that say that I'm a crap plumber or maybe just there's a lot more people wanting electrical work done. Strange!!

Your a crap plumber..... Only joking mate
Dont be a stranger. The plumbing forum is deffo a friendlier place.
Glad the sparky quals are paying off.
Got my 2391 exam in a few weeks

Good stuff mate. If you aren't sure about any of the questions or anything give me a call - 07572 613964.

Keiran.

The electricans forum is a horrible place to be. So I am going to lurk here :)

Hi all,

I am starting to feel like an alien on here now. I haven't touched my plumbing tools for nearly a month now, been doing nothing but electrical work. Does that say that I'm a crap plumber or maybe just there's a lot more people wanting electrical work done. Strange!!
good for you your busy,just have a ...... cant fight it ...........sparkies ........hate them dont know why,barstewerds run cables in my way all the time........... arrrgghhh

Have you done the job were you lost out on the plumbing but got the re-wire Croft, what was the heating install like

Yes. I did my work before the install but I will let you know when I 2nd fix it next month. You never know, it might be a quality job :)

Croft. How did you go about getting your sparks ticket - what course did you do? Work placement? Hard? Easy? I'm thinking of doing it.

Hi mate, I did a 5 week course full-time before I moved up to Lincoln. C&G 2391-10 Inspection and Testing plus all the other stuff like 17th Edition etc. You can do the 17th Edition 'Part P' course but if you want to go full scope you really need the Inspection and Testing qualification. Certainly NICEIC need it within 1 year of you registering with them.

Grr@not being able to edit. For the NICEIC assessment it's a half day and you just show them 2 jobs you've completed such as a domestic rewire or a consumer unit replacement. They run through the system and they get you to demonstrate inspection and testing and that's it really.

Of course, you have to notify those 2 jobs to building control and pay their rip-off fees before your assessment. I would never condone notifying them after the assessment for £1.80 each. NICEIC don't check you've notified them before work starts by the way.

The Inspection and Testing part of the course is quite tricky, mainly because the exam has no fixed pass rate. They pass a certain percentage (the top students so to speak) from each entry. Not sure of the reasoning behind that, it's a bit mad to me.

You would be surprised how much transferable skills you have as a plumber though, especially if you've wired boilers etc. Domestic electrics are pretty straight forward tbh.

Might help to get you a foot in the door doing some commercial work. I got a call from a director of a health service company who was fed up with the plumber blaming the sparky and vice versa.

Its working really well for me and if it helps a few mates on here get some extra work then good stuff :)

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back