getting work from agents | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss getting work from agents in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

jimmy06

Hello, I want to send a cover letter with leaflets around to my local estate agents and letting agents, however I don't know where to start with writing the letter. Does anyone know of a sample letter that could be adapted? I've tried looking on the internet but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I get occasional jobs from agents but would like more. Any advice greatly appreciated, Jimmy :)

Hello, I want to send a cover letter with leaflets around to my local estate agents and letting agents, however I don't know where to start with writing the letter. Does anyone know of a sample letter that could be adapted? I've tried looking on the internet but it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. I get occasional jobs from agents but would like more. Any advice greatly appreciated, Jimmy :)
Go to reed.co.uk - jobs, careers, employment and recruitment they do templates for covering letters simply copy and paste onto word docs and ur away good luk.
Always live life.:D:D (with a smile)

best of luck with this one
estate agents are the scum, want everything for nothing, want priority at the drop of a hat and then take months to pay only paying when they want another job doing!

I do work for a number of letting agents best thing to do is ring them and see if they need anyone then they will tell you what they require u can usaly just send it on a email.

I do alot of work through estate agents and find them ok,you have to remember you are not working for them but the landlord,the estate agent will pay you nothing,the money will come from rent they collect or landlord and you will not get paid until they receive money from one or tuther,also they will take what ever is owed to them first,so if landlord sends them £100 to cover the cost of one of your jobs,if he owes them £60 that will be taken out first and you will have to wait until rent paid
Any big jobs should be priced and payment agreed before you do it,otherwise you will have problems
Ask if the estate agent carry a float on each property,some hold a few hundred pounds if property managed,so small jobs will/should be covered cost wise

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for advice - have been around to some local agents and getting jobs from 3 of them - they have paid promptly so far, but glad of warning re their possible payments system, will do some more in another town, am working in a rural area so can be difficult to pick up work as not many people here!

Similar plumbing topics

Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
My approach to everyone is that there looks to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Back