Gledhill boilermate BMSCP180 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gledhill boilermate BMSCP180 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
evening

I recently took out a boiler mate 2000 and replaced with a boilermate BMSCP180.

Straight swap all pipe sizes the same. The customer is complaining that there is a loud vibration noise of a night when only the hot water is on.
its a worcester so i think its when pump overun is running.

Ive played about with the by pass. trying it on 2 up to 6. she still has the isssue.

I did not put a balancing valve on hot water so Ive throttled back the pump valve for a few days in case its the speeed of the water (on hot water. its a big house needs to be on 3 for rads) still has the issue

I have visited the property but cant make it make the noise. I dont think its a stay on the coil as i have set by pass on 6 and shut heating and hot water at the same time when hot. no noise????

any ideas. thanks in advance

Guys apologies for not coming back to you on this one. Btw I put a modulating pump in and it fixed it. I had a ups2 on there on speed 3. Put a ups3 on there on modulating and no more noise.

Cheers guys

Similar plumbing topics

You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
I have a issue which I’m assuming is an...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back