Gledhill Thermal store - A Class - Gulfstream | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gledhill Thermal store - A Class - Gulfstream in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
If any of you guys know much about these things I'd apreciate a couple of questions answered.

1/ Whats the most common fault to cause lock out?
2/ How easy is it to replace the electric back up?
3/ Do the pumps always run warm?

I ask as I repair all kinds of thermal stores, and have done for years. Even the more complicated boiler mates are a doddle to work on. However I've been to a couple of call outs for the Gulfstream A Class, and have been left scratching my head, which is embarrasing.

On the most recent one, we changed the pump, which is special order and made speficially for the unit. Did this as it felt warm. Had no joy with this, and then ordered a PCB, which if it doesn't work will be a nightmare as I will litterely have no idea what is wrong with it. Which I don't think has ever happened to me before.

It's only 3 years old.

I'll really apreciate any advise. I've spoken to the Gledhill tech number at a pound a minute. They're clueless on this model. I've scoured the internet and even the guys who work solely on Gledhills reccomend these units are stripped out and replaced and repairs are so costly.

I'd like to get it working again for my own foolish pride. Thanks for any answers but I won't hold my breath as they seem to be a mystery to one and all!

Danny

sorry mate only ever work on the boiler mate version and thats a right mare

sorry mate only ever work on the boiler mate version and thats a right mare

No worries. I've fixed a few Boiler mates, they're a pig your right, but at least there's standard boiler remotely attached to them. This idea of inbuilding the boiler was a bad idea.

Cheers anyway mate.

I dont believe it !!!! I have just got in and was gonna post virtually the same thing have been on a Gulfstream 2000 today that keeps tripping on overheat , have interogated the board and the digital temps seem OK but boiler pipes seem very hot (will have to take temperatures after x mas) So same as Danny any experts out there.
Dont know about you Danny but I dont like them

The Gledhill number I phoned was no longer in use ?
And BG refused to take on contract !!

Last edited:
I dont believe it !!!! I have just got in and was gonna post virtually the same thing have been on a Gulfstream 2000 today that keeps tripping on overheat , have interogated the board and the digital temps seem OK but boiler pipes seem very hot (will have to take temperatures after x mas) So same as Danny any experts out there.
Dont know about you Danny but I dont like them

The Gledhill number I phoned was no longer in use ?
And BG refused to take on contract !!

I HATE them!

BG took my customers neighbours unit on contract and fixed it. Apparently took the guy about 7 hours, and he changed EVERYTHING.

I'm a dab hand at fixing all the other types, so I'd like to get my head around this model. The problem is sometimes the fault codes arent even listed in the service manual. There is a new number but it's a quid a minute and they're not exactly helpful, number is:0906 611 0005

Thanx for number Dan.
We arnt on the same job r we ! LOL. A few of our customers neighbours got theirs on contract then BG refused to take any more , I wonder why !!
There must be an expert on our forum somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
Sort out your draughts & get some insulation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
D
this diagram will show you the depth of the...
Replies
Views
Back