Glow worm 100e compact electronic boiler - lockout problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow worm 100e compact electronic boiler - lockout problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soho100

I've just moved into a house with a Glow-worm compact electronic 100e boiler and it's starting to play up. I've had a problem from the start when it took 3 or more attempts to get the lockout light to stay off and the boiler to fire up. I did this by turning the room thermometer up, switching the boiler on, if it didn't fire up I canceled the lockout by depressing the button underneath waited a few mins and tried again. Within this process it would light the gas on low but would then lock-out after about 10 secs, eventually after a few goes it would fire up and once up it seems fine until the next day when I had to go through the process again. But now the spark is not igniting the gas at all and the lock-out light comes on at every attempt. Btw the gas supply is fine, pump and fan seem to be working.

Can someone please give me a clue as to what I could easily and cheaply replace that might solve the problem before getting a boiler engineer out which is something I really cannot afford at the moment in time.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is on the gas ignition side,this work has to be carried out by a qualified person for safety reasons,apart from that you will need knowledge of the boiler to repair this fault I am afraid

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
Back