Glow Worm 15 HXI | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm 15 HXI in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all,

Just had a call from a client. Her boiler has gone on the blink.

The boiler is displaying the water temp' on the LCD display. (24 to 25 alternating).

However won't fire up.

The thing is. I serviced the boiler about two months ago....and it went on the blink about a day later. I went back to the property, and opened up the board to check all the connections. I did this as the leads to the boards are all very cramped and when you swing the door down to service the boiler, they move.

So I did this, and then tried firing the boiler up. It switched on and fired up fine.

So now it's been a couple of months, and it seems that the same problem has occured. I'm going to go there tomorrow, and get it sorted. I'm not too sure it can be a loose connection again, or that it was in the first place. Maybe just a coincindence.

Anyone got experience of this boiler and common faults. It's the first one I've worked on, and I'm not best impressed.

Cheers.

they are quite rubish, they normaly come up with an "f" an then a number when they lock out, never had one do what you are describing. Does the pump run or anything?

Haven't been over there to check it mate. Last time, there was no F code. She's just called me ten mins ago, so I thought while I was on the laptop I would pick the collective brains of the forum!!

I will check it through tomorrow, but I can't get to her until late (as her call has just come in) so I would like to turn up armed with the likely suspect part.

My guess at lack of F code is a dodgy board....we all know how much merchants like you returning them!!

Just to add, there was no F code, and the LED that signals ignition or demand )can't remember was also not lit.

Should add, when I serviced it, I changed the spark electrode. Was gonna change the flame sensing probe, but changed my mind. Still have it in my shed, as I couldn't be bothered to re-stock it.

Well, got a call today from the client.

The boiler has started working again....all on its own. Don't you just love intermittent faults!!?

Will let all know what's wrong with it, if it packs up again. Saved me going over there at 5pm, so I'm happy.

Most likely an external control I'd think Dannypipe. Sounds like no demand to boiler ... ?

thats what I was thinking and perhaps the 24/25 was the temprature
Only thing I'm not 100% on with these boilers is whether the display defaults to pressure when in standby and displays temp when a demand is present?

Only thing I'm not 100% on with these boilers is whether the display defaults to pressure when in standby and displays temp when a demand is present?

Thats because the cxi and sxi are sealed system boilers but the hxi is heat only open vent

Hi all,

Just had a call from a client. Her boiler has gone on the blink.

The boiler is displaying the water temp' on the LCD display. (24 to 25 alternating).

However won't fire up.

The thing is. I serviced the boiler about two months ago....and it went on the blink about a day later. I went back to the property, and opened up the board to check all the connections. I did this as the leads to the boards are all very cramped and when you swing the door down to service the boiler, they move.

So I did this, and then tried firing the boiler up. It switched on and fired up fine.

So now it's been a couple of months, and it seems that the same problem has occured. I'm going to go there tomorrow, and get it sorted. I'm not too sure it can be a loose connection again, or that it was in the first place. Maybe just a coincindence.

Anyone got experience of this boiler and common faults. It's the first one I've worked on, and I'm not best impressed.

Cheers.

got some training info on the older hxi the one with the small lcd display will try and private message it to you

regards ant

Yeah, I think it is a demand issue myself now.

I've had a hellish day, and am pleased that it's working again, but I just know it's gonna go again.

What's thrown me in that is started going wrong after I serviced it. Could be a coincidence.

I'll have to check the programmer and the motorised valves.

Its a sealed system BTW. Is a heat only.

I don't have much experience of this boiler. I service two of them for clients, but this is the first one I've had an issue with. I figured someone might have seen this fault before.

I was pleased to not have to go and check today.

I was fitting an inbuilt mirrored unit into a wetroom I installed today. Turned round to get my drill driver to screw it in, and boom, it crashed to the floor. Wrecked. £400 to replace. Great!

Cheers for all the comments.

Oh and yes seems to only disply temp' so probably is a demand issue.

Understanding yes, nice client. I still have to stump up for the unit.

It put a tiny scratch in the loo, which I think I'll get away with and luckilly didn't break or scratch a tile (which is lucky as there is electric underfloor heating beneath).

I've ordered another one. Told my supplier my woes and hoping they will do it for me a bit cheaper. Yeah bad day.

got some training info on the older hxi the one with the small lcd display will try and private message it to you

regards ant

Why PM it? The info could be valuable to others.
I thought this was the GSR forum and this info was exclusive to GS registered engineers. Or am I wrong again?

Why PM it? The info could be valuable to others.
I thought this was the GSR forum and this info was exclusive to GS registered engineers. Or am I wrong again?

will try and put it on the gas engineers page when i can just getting used to the forum.not posting on the open pages as dont want non gsr accessing it

ant

Just looked at the PDF's and they'll be getting saved in the data bank of info I keep on the work laptop!

Brilliant stuff. Cheers!

Would be good to share with all if poss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed...
Replies
Views
Well I seem to have solved the problem from...
Replies
Views
Our Glow Worm 38cxi boiler is about 15 years...
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
Back