glow worm 240 back boiler gc 44 315 26 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss glow worm 240 back boiler gc 44 315 26 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leeagar

can any one help me i need a manual for the boiler and all manual sites dont have it as it is as old as the hills the problem i have is i cannot get the boiler to come on to full rate it will only stay on pilot i have tried a nother stat from a different boiler to see if it made a difference but it never i have power into the stat and out to the gas valve it is the blue 24v valve but the valve wont open my initial thoughts are the valve but i have no manual to check what readings i should be getting in and out to the valve i have 3v supplied to the valve from the stat if anyone can help it will be appreciated very much i am a gas safe registered engineer but i have had limited experiance with bbu's
thankyou all in advance

many thanks i have been on that one i think it is older than books them self lol

put your meter on the gas valve terminals if its getting 24 volt the valve has failed,if not look at the transformer,stat,wiring

hi i have been back to the valve today and i have 3v at the gas valve and 3 volt at the stat
any advice would be great

would test that may have failed [DLMURL]http://www.gas-spares.co.uk/Catalogue/GLOW-WORM/BBU-and-FIRE-FRONTS/BBU-ONLY-Range/240-bbu[/DLMURL]
problem is theres not much available for that boiler

Last edited by a moderator:
could i bypass the stat to see if it fires up that would tell me either way do you think

sorry i meant just bypass stat not the transformer
i got the manual last night from another member but its no help at all

yeah i think that will be my next move if that fails ill go with the transformer they are the only 2 parts out there anyways
you are a good man thankyou for your time it has been a great help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
P
The Glow worm is a little less than 50 db, not...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Hi - I found the fault. There are two actuator...
Replies
Views
That sounds like a good plan, I'll give that a...
Replies
Views
Back